Ultimate ship tour

rhsjr

We just did the UST on the Coral - last sailing before she went into drydock. The first thing we did when we boarded was go to the Pursers desk and sign up. There was one couple ahead of us. It was a 15 day cruise and 5 days into it we had not heard anything, but about the 4th day we started seeing a note in the Patter for anyone interested to sign up. I can't remember exactly which day we finally did the tour, but it was a sea day. We met at 8:00am and finished around noon. A couple of days later I overheard someone saying they were going to do the tour the next day - so my guess is enough people signed up for them to do 2 tours. There were 12 people in our group - no idea how many in the 2nd group. For us it was well worth the money - major highlight of the cruise. We got the heavy duty robes and the chefs jackets and some stationary, as well as photos and albums.

We just did the tour on the Island last week. Well worth the money even if you didn't get all the stuff. We only had 7 people on our tour that started at 8:30 and finished after 1:00. Not something I would probably do again but would recommend to do once.

Do they allow teenagers to take this tour?

There was a 13 or 14 year old on our tour (can't recall, but if I remember correctly, you should find an exchange between his mother and me earlier in this thread.) He was great, both wide eyed and knowledgeable.

*EDIT*

It was actually this tread where you'll find my discussion with the mother of the 13 year old on the UST, as well as other info about the experience.

We bought the heavy terry robes that we used on our first ever cruise (Carnival Elation when she was new). I've now worn out both mine and my DH's, so was planning to buy one on our upcoming cruise; this is fantastic news that I can get a tour and my robe all at once! I haven't seen any notice of this tour on our other Princess cruises. On our last cruise, someone had set up a tour of the bridge for our CC group, but it got canceled at the last moment...never knew why. I just hope I remember to sign up as soon as we board.

• 1 month later...

We just did the tour on the Island and there were only 4 of us. It was great not having a large group. Between the robe, chef's jacket and pictures, it was well worth the $150. Once in a life time experience.

We just did the tour on the Island and there were only 4 of us. It was great not having a large group. Between the robe, chef's jacket and pictures, it was well worth the $150. Once in a life time experience.

Just did the UST on the Ruby. There were 9 of us and it was fabulous. It lasted about 4 hours. The robe, the chef's jacket, the stationery, the photos, the frames, so many memories. The last stop was on the bridge with Capt. Yeomans, and if anyone has sailed with him, you know how he loves to talk. It was a wonderful experience, and would recommend it to all.

Archived