When good cruisers go Bad...

southbayer

I don't but someone in our group was detained at check in and her fuzzy pink covered handcuffs were confiscated:eek: Seriously, she was mortified but we were all cracking up and the screeners were quite nice about it all. We kept teasing her that "one more thing" and she was off to Carnival Jail!

I will never forget the first time I heard there was a brig. We were on a tender and a woman was very intoxicated. An officier was assigned to her ( it looked like) and he kept warning her that if she continues she will be put in the brig. I asked him if there really was a brig. He said that this woman actually travelled often on that ship and always was up to her antics so they were always prepared for her...and that she was sent there on a previous cruise. I thought that was so interesting.

As a small aside..

I love people who talk about the "morgue" for the deceased on the ship... does not exist.. guess where they keep them?

Most modern cruise ships have brig enough to hold three (3 cells)

-and morgue enough to hold three (3 slabs)

When cruise ships claim to be small floating cities, they're not kidding, trust me. ;)

There's a fairly interesting behind-the-scenes photos thread going

over on the Photo Discussion section of these CC Message Boards

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=969285

with some unusual material, there!

You might take a look? :)

Personally, I've been wanting to photograph the brig section for some time.

I accept the challenge, but it'll take awhile, guys.

Maybe my next cruise...

ColdBox-3700.jpg

This is not where they keep folks who die on cruises

even though it is one of 17 cold-storage boxes on board an RCCL ship..

I didn't take pictures of it, but I've seen one before.

It's nothing special...just a room with a thick glass door.

I expected to see bars....there weren't any...

Thick glass! -I wasn't expecting that!

They store the bodies in the freezer with all the food..... Hope I never get to see the morgue or the brig.

Doug

Health dept regulations would not allow a dead body to be stored with food... good grief!! All ships have a small morgue..

Health dept regulations would not allow a dead body to be stored with food... good grief!! All ships have a small morgue..

Now exactly what health dept. are you referring to? US? Not hardly at sea... Whether you want to believe it or not many ships do use the cooler for just that.

And some ships use your own cabin as a brig with a guard stationed outside.. saw this myself about 15 years ago. A cabin about 5 down from ours had been extremely rowdy and one morning we were headed to breakfast to find guards in front of the door. Didn't ask but after we docked they were gone and the room was empty.

Archived