Mercury 3 Night Cruises

Hayward2

Has anyone sailed on the 3 and 4 nights Mercury sailings that sail out of Seattle, the end of September and early October. If you have, I am curious to her your comments. Is there a formal night on a 3 night cruise? Any comments at all. Thanks:)

Hayward2........we've done them the last 3 years......on the 3 nights no formal nights.......it's a great get-away weekend........very relaxed & enjoyable........

Where else can you go for the price for 3 nights????

Sharon

Hi, I did this too:)and I followed it up with a 4 nighter:D. Its

too far to fly from Florida for only a weekend;)

Hi Sharon:)

We have been on a 4 day 2 years ago, and are doing a 3 day this Oct. For us, living only a couple hundred miles from Seattle, it is a great opportunity to cruise without the hassle of air flights and the accompaning extra time to go to the east coast or socal!! Approx 3 hrs of driving on the interstate and parking the car right at the port gets us on board early and drinking the champagne.

These cruises are somewhat like the 3/4 day (what I call "party" cruises) that other lines sell in other ports, but higher class party goers!! The scenery is much more spectacular, and if it is rainy (PNW Sunshine) and cool, then the ship becomes your coastal cabin.

Maybe Canada doesn't seem as exotic a foreign country as Mexico, or the islands, but it is a wonderful place to visit. Nanaimo is a nice, seaside town with a fair amount of things to do and see and Victoria is very beautiful with many attractions in and around. This trip we are renting a car at Nanaimo and going to see more of the island and some other towns.

If you are close enough to drive, and depending on the cabin selected, you can have a wonderful time for as much as you would spend just going to Seattle, or Victoria. If you have to fly, well, you would have to fly to Seattle or Victoria anyway!!!

Hey Lois.........long time no see....... ;) Guess I didn't make the cruise you were gonna be on.......we switched around alot of cruises........

Looks like this is the last year for Mercury to do these..... :(

Sharon

Hey Lois.........long time no see....... ;) Guess I didn't make the cruise you were gonna be on.......we switched around alot of cruises........

Looks like this is the last year for Mercury to do these..... :(

Sharon

Well, you could go with me in September first:)I am doing Alaska

on Sept 6th:D

Lois R - what is the scoop on the Mercury? do you know When it is being taken out of service? I've read different reports. sure hope our 12/12 sailing isn't the last!

Hi,:) your 12/12 sailing is just the beginning of her new East Coast

Itinerary...she will be in the fleet at least through the spring of

As for being taken out of service, that rumor has been going around

for at least 2 or 3 seasons now and she is still in the fleet.:D

If you look at the X website she has sailings on the intinerary through

April right now so your December sailing is a normal cruise. I was

actually on that one but my plans changed.

Have a wonderful time.:)

But I have "no scoop" for you.....nothing has come from Celebrity

and rumors are always floating around on here.

Lois R - what is the scoop on the Mercury? do you know When it is being taken out of service? I've read different reports. sure hope our 12/12 sailing isn't the last!

Just another bit of information for you, The X website has Mercury

sailing in April 2011 so no worries for you at all:)....all of 2010 and part of 2011

so far:)

I am looking to book her in March 2011:D

Archived