Disappointed with upgrade

Kittycatwlv

You have totally missed the point. I don't want or care about an upgrade, I want to be on the same deck as my friends. I took an obstructed ocean view and and asked to be put back from the unobstructed ocean view to be near friends. I asked to be downgraded!!!!!!!!! All I want is to be on the same deck. I was able to bring Princess four new cruisers because of their GTY prices, had i taken a cabin assignment (there were none in their teaser rate HH) they wouldn't have gotten any business at all. You guys are such good cheer leaders but what Princess really needs is someone with business sense to run a business because it is a business after all.

YOU missed the point! In a GTY booking you CANNOT request any kind of cabin location. ken

OK, since you brought it up. I read this thread, didn't reply before, am now doing so, and think you are being totally unreasonable. Being elite you knew full well the GTY game and now want something special because it is YOUR NEEDS. If you want rooms together, book them that way and tell the cruise line do not upgrade (wait you knew that too, being elite). Guess you think that whining will get you what you want.....sorry it doesn't work that way (and shouldn't). Enjoy your other cruise line and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Now aren't you happy I responded?:D:D:D:D:D

Exactly!!!

And, there's no customer service issue here, as the GTY rules are pretty explicit - the OP just wants an exception because he/she is special.

Ken

I do understand why you are mad. If everyone was put in your place they may also be disappointed. I am not a cheer leader for Princess. I would never expect to get 3 cabin close together with a gty. The only time we took a gty was at the last minute (3 weeks) before the cruise and the choice of cabins were really bad. We knew we can not do any worst. We were lucky and got a better cabin in the same class.

We were on a cruise in April that BA cabins were left empty. So no one got a good up grade. That's Princess. I don't look for a upgrade, so I am not disappointed.

Talk to your TA. Going with a TA that books a lot with Princess may help.

You missed the whole point. It's about being separated by four decks from our friends and the lack of loyalty. We didn't book specific cabins I took three GTY's and asked we placed together on the same deck, not a demanding request by any means. I would be happy with the category I booked if we were together

What Guaranty categories did you sign up for originally, and what categories were you all ultimately upgraded to?

did you perhaps book obstructed ocean view and get upgraded to a FULL

ocean view cabin on deck 5? If so, that is a much superior cabin

to the cabins on deck eight if we're talking about the Grand class ships.

If you all wanted your cabins together then it's always better to

book specific cabins and book it as no upgrades. With a guaranty, that's

always the risk one takes, separated cabins, et cet. With a guaranty

you can't make requests like "all cabins together" and expect to have

that request honored.

Hope it all ultimately works out for you.

I don't get what the big deal is to be on the same deck If you are really far forward on one side and your friends are really far behind on the other side, big deal. So, you are on the same deck but not even close to being near each other. On the other hand, be a deck right below and you could be there in a heartbeat. Unless the cabins were right next to each other and you wanted it to stay that way I don’t see what difference it makes. But then again, if you wanted THAT you shouldn’t have been a GTY.

If only you could read, I never used the word coward, not even once. To other posters who said be grateful i can cruise several times a year I reply, If I'm smart enough to make my business work why should I feel bad?[/quote]

Oh, come on now..... this is getting very petty and childish:rolleyes:

Puh-leaze..... you are a fortunate soul who doesn't need to

apologize for your ability to cruise, we get that.

That is wonderful that you have the ability to travel so much, and I

mean that sincerely....

However, if this customer service situation has upset you, maybe it

would be better for you to go to Royal Caribbean or Celebrity, two cruise

lines that REALLY know how to treat their customers.

We all know that Princess doesn't know how to treat their customers by

making them have cabins in different parts of the ship.:D

Actually, if I was having an oceanview cabin, I would prefer Deck 5. More convenient to the inside activities. Maybe your friends could go there instead of you moving up. Sometimes what seems better is not!

Donna

Last summer we booked three GTY outside cabins on Braemar. It was really cheap because the ship had just been 'stretched' and this was the first cruise after the stretching. One brother in law struck lucky and ended up with a very nice balcony cabin on deck 8, the rest of us got what we paid for - an outside cabin on deck 2 - the lowest deck possible. Whilst a little envious we were pleased for brother in law who was on his first ever cruise and accepted that we had got what we paid for.

Lots of things went wrong on this cruise because basically it was unfinished but that is another story and we should have realised the risk when booking the cruise. However the point of this story is that half way through the cruise, my brother in law's cabin (high up but under the swimming pool) was flooded when they tried to empty the swimming pool during the night. Then the rest of us were really pleased with our dry cabins on deck 2!

Sweep

Quit beating a dead horse. If you have been on so many cruises, than you should be more than familiar with the way the guarantee works. I am a Platinum member and can get a lot of the same perks in a mini-suite, but my hubby and I CHOSE a suite because that is where WE WANTED TO BE.

I do hope you will cut your tablemates in the Dining Room a break and no boo-hoo about "I'm elite and Princess doesn't appreciate me" Get a life and try to enjoy the cruise

It's really quite simple to me, if i don't get what I feel is fair I'll take my $$$ else where. It's a shame people are so defensive of a business, someday you'll want something some where that doesn't cost anything and would be good customer relations and maybe then gain some empathy.

WELL being as busiess owner myself for 10 years trust me I know when its time to haggle and time to back off.

I would be bankrupt if I focused on people like you. People that want or expect a little something extra for nothing. I would want no part of these people and have actually lost business becasue of that. I had a general contractor who bought close to $ 1.2 million n recessed cans. When the economy slipped I gave a tiny discount based on his loyalty. When he wanted it to continue with a additional discount AFTER the economy continued to slide, I declined, stating I needed to make money as much as he needed to save $$$. He went on ranting saying he wuld take his business elsewhere. I stood ground. He left for EXACTLY 100 days. He RETURNED and actually said he acted foolish. See you can always go someplace and get a beter price. BUT will they have the same customer service, and quality? NOPE!

So I have dealt peole like you and it actually to me isn't worth someone's business If all they want to do is whine and be complaning regarding every thing. Soetimes its best to let them walk. I'm sure Princess would rather KEEP you as a customer, but will NOT complain if you went to RCCL.

Sad part is with you being a ELITE member, YOU shoud have already known how the system works!!!

And Besides WHO really cares if I or someone is a Elite OR Platinum member. Can I tell you aprat form the guy next to me on the Lido deck? I belong to the "FAMILY" plan and get MORE perks than everyone here, yet you wouldn't tell if you saw me on board. I mena its not lke I have a private cabana near the pool with a sign that says "family member" he gets everything cheap!

They probably felt you had been sufficiently answered by those who have already posted. I've found there's little sense in posting my opinion when it merely reiterates the opinions of the 20 folks who already posted.

(From one who read before but didn't respond....:cool:)

Ditto!!

The OP says it's "MY NEEDS" that matters. Somehow I think the several deck apart issue wouldn't be an issue if Princess offered the OP a suite on deck 11 while leaving the newbies down on deck 8.

I hope the OP does cancel, and I hope the friends decide not to go with them on the other cruise because they realized what a selfish jealous whiner the OP is. I'd be happy for my first time friends to get a better cabin than they thought they would, and who cares how close their cabin is to mine since we will be meeting by the pool or elsewhere. When we had a group of 8 and our cabins were in the same area on deck 12, we stopped at one of their cabins once all week, and the other 3 never went to each others' cabins. They have that little gadget on the deck by the bed called a telephone, and it calls other cabins for free.

My sentiments exactly. A week ago I posted that one of our friends wanted to come along with us on the CB next week. She booked an inside room, paid only a 16% single supplement, and got upgraded to a Caribe balcony room. I couldn't be happier for her. She is now on the same deck as we are but on the opposite end of the ship. What's the difference? I am not being facetious, but can the OP walk or take an elevator? Would being on the same deck but opposite ends make the OP happy? I don't think so. Again, as resounding posts state, "Don't book GTY."

They wouldn't for me. My friends are happy to downgrade to be on the same deck. They don't care if I cancel and go to RCL, one couple never cruised before and left things to me.

The point that is missed here is the lack of customer service. Most business' want your business and want to make you happy especially when there is no cost to them. 500 people read this post but only a few responded. that speaks loudly that people are afraid to speak their mind because of all the support for the cruise line and little for the individual.

Being one of the 500+ people who've read this, I haven't posted a response aside from this because I have nothing new to add. Also, many people read threads to learn from them and also don't respond. Lack of response doesn't mean people are afraid to disagree.

I understand your disappointment, but do not understand what is so important about not being on the same deck Are you tied together at the umbilical cord? Dont you think you will have enough time with them at meals, shore excursions, shows and bars? I think it is time for you to let go. If you feel that Princess does not appreciate your "loyalty", then they certainly will not be concerned if you cancel as you threatened.:(

Being one of the 500+ people who've read this, I haven't posted a response aside from this because I have nothing new to add. Also, many people read threads to learn from them and also don't respond. Lack of response doesn't mean people are afraid to disagree.

I think that count is now over 2,500+:D

According to CSI - Cruise Scene Investigators, Miss Kitty is making her way up the rock wall at RCCL, with a Bahama Mama in tow:p

kittcat will it seems never get the point of what booking a guarantee means. If you want to go cheaper in anything in life, you don't get the full benefits of paying more. A guarantee booking doesnt guarantee you that all will be on the same deck. As stated many times, but evidently, ignored, if you wanted on the same deck you should have paid a bit more and booked specific cabins. It is not Princess at fault here and it is not Princess cheerleaders. It is people who understand how to book cabins and get what you want or gamble

kittcat will it seems never get the point of what booking a guarantee means. If you want to go cheaper in anything in life, you don't get the full benefits of paying more. A guarantee booking doesnt guarantee you that all will be on the same deck. As stated many times, but evidently, ignored, if you wanted on the same deck you should have paid a bit more and booked specific cabins. It is not Princess at fault here and it is not Princess cheerleaders. It is people who understand how to book cabins and get what you want or gamble

Kitty knows exactly what a guarantee means. What Kitty wants is special treatment. :(

Is this the first time in all your cruises you've booked a GTY?

I have to agree, you can't expect anything if you book a GTY or even if you book and assigned room and don't mark it "no upgrade". I understand you wanted to be on the same deck, but that would be a request on any ship or any resort. Also knowing that all the category was already sold, you really did take a gamble by booking a GTY and having specific needs. If it was important enough you may have considered booking the next category that was available so you could book all the rooms on the same deck.

I don't consider myself too loyal to see the issue involved here. I work for a very large resort and requests are just that unless you pay to have exactly the room type you want. I also booked gty for a family cruise with 4 cabins and three out of the 4 cabins were inside below the dance floor, one was a veranda...guess what? it wasn't mine that was a veranda. I had a great time anyways.

Try to enjoy your cruise.

Archived