Hula Pie

ScarletKND

My husband and I are going to the Big Island in October to celebrate his birthday. He really wants Hula Pie on his birthday. Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves Hula Pie near Kona?

I have eaten hula pie at Kimo's in Kona. What you also need to do is go to the top of the page where the page numbers are and under Search this Forum just put in hula pie and all sorts of threads coe up.

Marilyn

OK, I'll ask. What is Hula Pie?

Well let me descibe it. It is a macadamia nut ice cream on top of a chocolate cookie crust, the the whole thing is topped with chocolate fudge sauce, whipped cream and then more nuts on top of that. It is darn good but they give you a huge portion. Just do a search on hula pie on your serve and all sorts of posts come up, some with pics.

Marilyn

Well let me descibe it. It is a macadamia nut ice cream on top of a chocolate cookie crust, the the whole thing is topped with chocolate fudge sauce, whipped cream and then more nuts on top of that. It is darn good but they give you a huge portion. Just do a search on hula pie on your serve and all sorts of posts come up, some with pics.

Marilyn

Here is a pic. Persoanlly we thought it was over rated.

1023005084_HulaPie.jpg.fa9176ea7de0a8623f25cf670840db42.jpg

I do not think the last pictures did the hula pie justice. My wife and I think the pie is a superb blend of ice cream, mac nuts, chocolate and whip cream and is a great Hawaiian treat.

20080423Hawaii2008248.jpg

20080423Hawaii2008249.jpg

I do not think the last pictures did the hula pie justice. My wife and I think the pie is a superb blend of ice cream, mac nuts, chocolate and whip cream and is a great Hawaiian treat.

I think this looks great! Mmmmmmmm ... hula pie. :)

Shared one with husband at Duke's

in Kauai this March. We enjoyed it very

much. We had a very big piece.

First picture doesn't do it justice, second

picture is better.

Enjoy..what is better than having "Hula Pie"

in Hawaii?

Sounds great and looks even better but i just found out i am allergic to Macadamia nuts(i'm allergic to about 4 different nuts now), good thing i found out before i went to hawaii.

• 2 weeks later...
We had Hula Pie at Keiko's in Poipu Beach on Kauai. They are the same owners as Dukes. Fed 3 of us - we all loved it!!!
and to think we left Poipu early so we would have time to stop for Hula pie at Dukes, and then skipped the pie because the kids filled up on shave ice instead...Hula pie was my one big miss, but I will tuck away this bit of information for our next cruise;)

My husband and I are going to the Big Island in October to celebrate his birthday. He really wants Hula Pie on his birthday. Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves Hula Pie near Kona?

The Big Island is the only Island, we have not found a Hula Pie place. The rest of the islands have a Duke's, Kimo's, Leilani's, etc. all owned by the same company. They supposedly "invented Hula Pie". Maybe nobody else can use the name?

Don:confused:

Archived