Personalizer & Eggcrate

BalconyGal

I have seen some people say the eggcrate request appears in their personalizer where exactly would it be? I faxed Princess with the request and just want to know it was received.

Thank you,

Heather

Never! You must obtain a "Special Request Form" and submit to your T/A or Princess!

Thanks again all I found it on my personalizer, confirmed. Now keeping my fingers crossed that it shows up on my bed. :rolleyes:

I just sent a general fax to that 661 number on pg.1 of this thread no special form required.

Have a nice day!

-Heather

HI there,

We are from Dublin, Ireland. Was wondering do I prefix the fax number with the US code 01, if I was to fax from Ireland?

Many thanks.

Karen

(sailing 14 Aug)

Dial 00, the international access code for Ireland.

Dial the country code for the United States, which is 1.

Punch in the area code for the city you wish to call. 616

Dial the personal seven-digit phone number: 284-4885

00 1 616 284 485

You must obtain a "Special Request Form" and submit to your T/A or Princess!
We've requested a mattress topper for every Princess cruise we have been on and have never had to obtain a Special Request Form.

All we've had to do is fax Princess and on the fax state our name, booking number, our TA's name and telephone number, and the nature of our request. It has been on our bed upon arrival on all but one cruise.

Lew

We did everything exactly as "Lew" and mattress topper always on our bed when We arrive for Our cruise. Never needed to fill out the "Special Form". We are Elite Members and have sailed over 20+ cruises with Princess. It has also shown up on our "Cruise Personalizer" about 2 weeks before Our cruise. If for some reason, it does not, just remind your room steward when you board the Ship and He will take care of it for you.

We've requested a mattress topper for every Princess cruise we have been on and have never had to obtain a Special Request Form.

All we've had to do is fax Princess and on the fax state our name, booking number, our TA's name and telephone number, and the nature of our request. It has been on our bed upon arrival on all but one cruise.

Lew

Same thing!:rolleyes:Celebrity uses a form and Princess takes hand written!

I was informed by Princess last year (or maybe it was two years ago ?) that they don't fax the requests to the ship until at least 30 days prior to your sailing. This is why it does not show up under your special services until shortly before you sail. ;)

Again I agree with jtutak, you have about a 50/50 chance of the room steward being notified about this and not having to request it again when you arrive.

The odds without the request: 00/00!:p

There's no Princess "form" to request an eggcrate, but it should include certain info.

here's an examplar that's been successful for me:

Your Name

Booking Number XXXX

Voyage Number XXXX/Ship’s Name

Sail Date -

Cabin Number -

Phone Number -

Web Address:

Fax Transmittal Form

To: Princess Cruises From:

ATTN: Special Services Number of Pages: 1

Fax: 661 284 4885

Please request cabin steward place an eggcrate mattress topper and a top sheet on queen arrangement bed.

Thank You

Signature

I have never requested one in advance, nor do I see the necessity of doing so. Whenever we have wanted an eggrate we just asked the steward and it magically appeared that night.

Pia

Just had to let you know that I LAUGHED OUT LOUD at your response on the thread about the Ultimate Ship's Tour but was afraid to post it there for fear of getting lambasted.

I just don't understand why people can't just do what they want to do, skip what they don't want to do and not judge other's likes and dislikes when it doesn't affect them.

Anyways Thanks for my morning laugh! :D:D:D

Pia

Just had to let you know that I LAUGHED OUT LOUD at your response on the thread about the Ultimate Ship's Tour but was afraid to post it there for fear of getting lambasted.

I just don't understand why people can't just do what they want to do, skip what they don't want to do and not judge other's likes and dislikes when it doesn't affect them.

Anyways Thanks for my morning laugh! :D:D:D

Shhhhhhhhh.....may be lambasted yet. Just couldn't resist. My husband said I was naughty, though those were not exactly the words he used. :rolleyes:

Shhhhhhhhh.....may be lambasted yet. Just couldn't resist. My husband said I was naughty, though those were not exactly the words he used. :rolleyes:

Well, you can tell him some people think you're BRAVE!

Thanks again all I found it on my personalizer, confirmed. Now keeping my fingers crossed that it shows up on my bed. :rolleyes:

I just sent a general fax to that 661 number on pg.1 of this thread no special form required.

Have a nice day!

-Heather[/quote

Where EXACTLY in your Cruise Personalizer does it indicate that you are being provided an EGGCRATE for your mattress?:rolleyes:

I have sent a fax on both of my previous cruises. Both times it was on the bed but did not show on personalizer. We like it not only for the bed comfort but the ridge between the two beds when they are pushed together.:p

On our Princess cruises we have always had to ask for an eggcrate. Got tired of paying for cruises and not having a comfortable bed, or one to our tastes. So, the last two cruises were HAL Westerdam and Carnival Spirit..both far better beds than we experienced on Princess cruises. Next cruise up is on the Equinox. We are just not prepared to pay the money and still require an eggcrate. It is easier to vote with our feet and our wallet than complain to Princess.

Where EXACTLY in your Cruise Personalizer does it indicate that you are being provided an EGGCRATE for your mattress?:rolleyes:

To repeat:

Select "My Special Services" - Voila! :)

It may take a while to post up. I faxed months ago and it only recently appeared, which makes sense.

It probably only posts up on CP when they notify the ship. Princess wouldn't do that very far ahead.

Have a nice day!

-Heather[/quote

Hi Heather

We could not find our request on Special Requests, but if you print your travel summary, you will find the request for egg crate at the bottom of the last page - well that is where ours was anyway. Incidentally, we telephoned Princess in the UK (ship disembarking from Southampton) and they were very helpful in changing bed configurations and ordering the egg crates.:p

• 4 weeks later...

Archived