We love RCCL, but...

Ditto the Laundromat. I first learned Royal ships didn't have laundromats about 6 months ago. I still can't get over it. I've got two weeks back to back vacation next year and I'm considering going on Princess for the second week just so I could use their laundromat. Who wants to bring a bag of diry laundry home? Nevermind shopping for clothes for that won't wrinkle easy.

And yes, I know about the laundry bag service. I'd rather wash my own clothes, especially the unmentionables. I will probably send out clothes for pressing but this would have been free on Princess.

Allowing passengers to bring 1 bottle of wine each onboard (like Carnival and Princess do), laundry rooms, champagne upon arrival, excellent food, and enforcing the "no kids in diapers" rules in the pool. Ahhh...a perfect cruise! :)

Reintroduce the ability to purchase a bottle of alcohol from the store and pay the supplement to take it to your stateroom. I believe this option was withdrawn in early 2005 (we could do it in 2004).

I would be happy if they just offered a "bottle service". I would love to be able to purchase a bottle even at a large mark up to take to my room, or enjoy through out the night. I wouldnt mind spending $80-100 on a bottle of JD instead of 6 bucks a drink. Or maybe just sell smaller flask like bottles, perfect for a drink on the balcony or something of that nature.

I realize with MTD, specialty restaurants, etc., it hardly makes sense to announce specific dining times...but gosh, I miss those chimes!

Totally agree with Movies Under the Stars...the pool deck is generally a ghost town after dark...you'd think RCI would have figured out how to make more money off an unused space.

I realize that not everyone drinks it and I wouldn't want it to increase costs for everyone, but I know it costs so little and they make so much money on it.

I hope they keep charging for sodas, the more, the better. Obviously I don't drink soda and if they don't make the profit on soda it's going to be obtained somewhere else. Double the price and cut the price of beer.:D

Reintroduce the ability to purchase a bottle of alcohol from the store and pay the supplement to take it to your stateroom.

I really miss that option. I wish they would reintroduce it, even if the supplement was higher.

Where in the Great City of Manchester are you from? I lived in Blackley for over 30 years. Still follow Man U, get to see a lot of games on SkySports and Setanta.:)

Disney ships stopped having paid soda cards and just made sodas (assorted variety, cokes, etc.) free 24 hrs. a day at a self-serve fountain on the pool deck. Another couple of great things that I wish RCI had would be first run movies in a large theatre like Disney has and an assortment from G to R rated movies. Also, Disney added huge jumbotron screens at their main pool and have sporting events and movies during day and night. At night, they have "dive in" movies where you sit in tubes in the pool and watch. They also have 3 themed restaurants and you and your servers rotate each evening. If RCI had this, I wouldn't stray back to Disney every once in a while to experience this.

What is this? Anything involving the spa gets my attention!

Princess has this whole serenity area with nice loungers, saunas, theme rooms (like aromatherapy). The whole spa area is so relaxing and you don't need to use the services to go there. I just remember walking in and absolutely loving it.

Oh, and the laundry room would be nice, too!

I would love to see RCCL add outdoor Movies screens like Princess' Movies Under the Stars. I notice that some Carnival ships and the Disney ships have these movie screens as well.

Please NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :eek:

We like to cruise to get AWAY from constant presence TV screens, noise, etc. Being on the ocean is entertainment enough, please don't spoil it with a giant screen playing Rocky XXXVIV.

Maybe on the Oasis above the aqua theater. The ship is big enough that you can get away from it if you want to.

I would love to see RCCL add outdoor Movies screens like Princess' Movies Under the Stars. I notice that some Carnival ships and the Disney ships have these movie screens as well.

Please, no!!!!!!!!!!!

Just off a Carnival with the screen and we had to listen to news all morning and other shows all day.It was not a very relaxing place to be.

Please, no!!!!!!!!!!!

Just off a Carnival with the screen and we had to listen to news all morning and other shows all day.It was not a very relaxing place to be.

Thanks very much for that. We have not been on a ship with one of those monsters on it, but what you describe is what we imagine it to be. A TV blaring while you are trying to relax by the pool (and TV NEWS :eek:, no less). If it happens, we are done cruising.... We will switch to land based resorts. No Giant TVs on the beach (yet). Sometimes I wonder if our entire society has ADHD and a constant need for something loud and flashy nearby in order not to be bored. :rolleyes:

I hope they keep charging for sodas, the more, the better. Obviously I don't drink soda and if they don't make the profit on soda it's going to be obtained somewhere else. Double the price and cut the price of beer.:D

I'll drink to that!

I'll drink to that!

I'd much rather have free beer than free pop, believe me! :D But the actual prices of alcohol and pop are so cheap compared to what they charge, it's just ridiculous. I know I can bring it on, so it's really not a big deal. I don't drink coffee, and that's not free at most restaurants on land either, so I find it interesting that it's free on the ship. It's just one of those things...

I forgot about the laundry. That would be nice too.

And I actually prefer eating in the WJ some nights rather than the MDR for reasons that have nothing to do with the dress code. I think it's nice to have that option.

It seems that the most common comments about things missing or lacking on RCL are:

1 - not able to bring your own wine aboard

2 - declining quality of food

I tend to agree. I recently sailed on Carnival, and overall the food was better.

I kind of like the idea of a laundry. In the past I wouldn't have cared, but in those days I could take two suitcases on a domestic flight. Now many airlines make you pay for even one of them.

With a lowered ability to take clothing with you, it would be nice to be able to do some laundry on a sea day, especially on cruise over 7 days.

Mark me down as another member of the RCI "loyalty program" who is unhappy about RCI's new policies that remove some of my perks. I see absolutely no reason to pre-book or open-book a cruise with the loyalty ambassador on board a ship when I will no longer get any benefit from it. Getting the discount on upgrading to a balcony and the OBC credit from an open booking was something I enjoyed.

Allowed to bring a nice bottle of wine each, like on Princess.

Self-service laundry was convenient - apart from the laundry rage!! :eek:

Princess also has 24 hour buffet, which was nice - late-night left-over deserts from the specialty restaurant, yumm! I found the RCI solarium late-night food to be very ordinary.

Archived