American Express Cruise Privileges Program

JennAngel9

Sounds like your beef is definitely with the TA rather than the Amex program. I assume that she is either now unemployed or at least no longer your TA.

I saw a question earlier in the thread about international customers. Does anybody know if this program applies to non-US passengers?

I also contacted my agent, and she is out of town for a week and will check when she returns. I'll let you know what I find out about a single cc cabin, 10 days, Rome RT in May.

When I have received credit in the past on HAL, I have been in a full suite and have gotten the $300. It was also combined with my ownership of stock for a total of $400 obc which certainly comes in handy!!! I am hoping that whatever I may get from AmX can also be combined with my stock credit.

I found out today that the AmX cannot be combined with Stockholder benefit. My TA tried but no luck. Celebrity called it "double dipping." I disagree since I paid royally for both privileges.

The travel agent said they agreed to give me the dinner for two and a bottle of champagne but not the OBC. I asked for written confirmation of this, but I don't think I am going to get it, and we all know that if I get on the ship and the perks have not been left in the cabin, I do not have a leg to stand on without proof. Oh well, don't sweat the small stuff. I'm just happy to be cruising!

Sounds like your beef is definitely with the TA rather than the Amex program. I assume that she is either now unemployed or at least no longer your TA.

You're right, except that she was the TA with Amex, so it was a little hard to separate the two. :)

Foregoing the Amex program and booking directly with Celebrity may have paid off already on our upcoming Equinox cruise in November. Today, I saw the price had dropped on our cabin and all it took was one call to Celebrity to have the cabin price adjusted down by $600. They immediately e-mailed the confirmation at the new rate and I've still got my original OBC. This was sooooo much easier than the last time!

Rich

Hey there,

A couple thoughts:

First off, we have certainly benefitted from the AmEx perks in the past. Windstar proved to be no problem...and I made sure I booked with a TA who was familiar with the Platinum program.

This cruise, I booked direct with AmEx PTS. I booked during the reduced deposit and $200 SBC for Solstice...so, as many folks have already stated, this was not combinable with the AmEx benefits. And since Celebrity's were better, we passed on the AmEx ones. My agent (whom I'm using for the first time) gave me an additional $100 credit to be applied at final payment (to "make up" for the fact that we couldn't get the benefits). And when a price drop came, I had no problem getting them to secure the lower rate for me.

I was told, that since I can't combine promotions, that I am missing out on the other persk like the bottle of bubbly (don't care) and free specialty dining credit (this one I would like to keep!) but it sounds like others have been able to keep these...is that the case? Should I reach out to my agent (who, to date, has been very easy to work with) to see if we can get those "gifts" added in?

2 questions

Must I have a Platinum card to get the perks or is a gold car good enough?

Does Royal Caribbean apply as well?

The card that qualifies if the Platinum card that charges $450 per year to use.

I can't answer the question about Royal.

2 questions

Must I have a Platinum card to get the perks or is a gold car good enough?

Does Royal Caribbean apply as well?

I understand that there is a similar program for gold card holders, but the benefits are not as good. Checking out the Amex website would probably be the best thing to do. Sign in and go to travel. On the left side of the screen, it will show the AMEX cards you have and you can click on each card to see what benefits there are.

For example, the site lists an "annual travel benefit" for gold card holders of $100 when you book a "qualifying cruise" through their travel department. This get refunded to you card after the trip.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 2 suites booked on the July 18 Solstice sailing; I made final payment on our Centurion card on May 09 before I thought about the cruise program with Amex. I called Amex today to get the amenities added; they contacted Celebrity and a Celebrity supervisor told me there is nothing they can do now because "final payment has been made." It sounds like others here have had the amenities added after-the-fact, or was that before final payment? Sounds like I cannot get the double miles, but any suggestions of how I can get the OBC and dinners?

On the Amex website it lists onboard credits up to $300. Has anyone ever gotten more than a $100 OBC with the cruise priveleges program from Amex? If so, what type of cabin did you book? Thanks!

I got $300 OBC for booking a Royal Suite.

B.

I made a booking today through a US travel agent and he was told that non-US based Platinum Amex cardholders do not qualify for the program. Does anybody had luck otherwise? Anybody in the UK or other countries tried to use the program so far?

Hey Frisbeeace,

I just spoke to UK Platinum Travel. Celebrity are not yet on the program. The lady at Amex said they are still negotiating this one and expect to have it sorted (one way or the other!) in about three months.

HTH

CM

Just returned from Connie and booked thru AMEX ta, not Platium Travel agency because they were not offering the benefits for this cruise. Booking thru AMEX ta got $100 back on card and a host onboard with two cocktail parties & a full day shore excursion that was excellent. You only have to book thru AMEX ta agency & it doesn't matter what type of card you pay with. It is not available on every cruise so ask agent about it.

Mags65,

It has been a while (too long) since we booked a Celebrity cruise, and I'm not confident we were ever able to get benefits applied after payment. I really can't understand why they wouldn't want to accomodate you given that you're in a suite, you're a centurion card member AND it doesn't cost them that much. Did you book through a TA? I would call them first and say you aren't aware of anything of anything in the AmEx CPP saying you have to elect the benefits you are entitled to prior to final payment. Basically, all that needs to happen is your TA has to call AmEx (I don't think individuals can call directly) and get a tracking number and then the tracking number is added to your cruise reservation and voila, you get the benefits on board.

• 1 month later...
The program is called Cruise Privileges and is available to card members who hold a Platinum or Centurion card from Amex. The Platinum Card has an annual fee of $450, which this helps justify. Centurion is still invite-only.

For Celebrity, the benefits are listed as:

• Two-category upgrade or up to $300 per stateroom shipboard credit (depending on ship and category booked)

• Complimentary dinner for two in specialty restaurant

• Bottle of premium champagne

• Double Membership Rewards points

Another perk is the Platinum card will get you into most first class lounges at many airports. Get into American's Admirals club at Miami after every cruise that ends in FFL.....:):):)

Bob

Archived