Question about diamond status

abob

If it is anything like the Adventure or the Explorer, you will enjoy it. You can get very spoiled with the pre-dinner hors d'oevres, open bar including champagne and private club atmosphere. The concierge will chat with you, and the next time he sees you he will probably call you by name and remember what you like to drink. He also can get you on "sold out" shore excursions, tickets to the ice show, spa appointments, recommend restaurants on shore etc. Enjoy it, you've earned it by cruising ten times with RCCL.

SeaBaby :D

There is also a continental breakfast in the Concierge Lounge. Smoked salmon, bagels, donuts, etc. And (if the machine is working) an espresso, capuchinno, coffee dispenser (regular and decaffinated). The coffee machine tends to be not too reliable. I congratulated Mpo (the Concierge) on the Jewel last week for keeping it working the whole 8 days.

There was also beer and soda on ice during the day, along with fruit and other snacks on the Jewel.

He/she will make reservations to Chops and Portofinos. One of the Concierges brought newspapers back from each port. They will have copies of the Compass and each of the ships daily news fliers. Some will have games available and VHS tapes or DVDs (some won't).

There were two PCs in the Concierge Lounge on the Jewel so you didn't have to go to the internet cafe. They're not free, still .50 per minute, but a lot more private.

Basically, if there's something you want, within reason, he/she will try their best to get/do it for you.

We just "made" diamond too. You don't have to book a suite in order to use this once you are Diamond is that correct? Of course our next cruise is the Jewell Members cruise in February so there will probably be a lot of Diamond members in there.

Thanks for the reply, that is what I thought but just wanted to make sure. We are in 9578 in a hump cabin on the Jewel in Feb. This will be our first "Diamond" experience and we are looking soooo forward to it. We have not been on a Radiance class yet, although have been on the Mariner twice.

Merry Christmas all!

CallagDeb - 2 suggestions: Make sure you eat lunch at least once in the Seaview Cafe. Better food than Johny Rockets (IMHO) & it's still free except for the shakes. And it's open fairly late at night if you need to take a brownie back to your cabin.

Also, you might want to remove negative sailing dates from your signature and add upcoming cruises instead. Just a suggestion, always better to look forward instead of back.

Have a great cruise, it's a beautiful ship.

Although the Lounge is smaller on the Radiance class ships, it does have windows. We have very much enjoyed our Diamond status.

The coffee machines are a great plus. We have made use of them at all hours of day and night.

I just wish they would add the lounges to the Vision class ships.

I doubt they will because of the lower number of suites.

Thank you for all the info. Sounds great...we look forward to using the concierge lounge and even more to our cruise on the Mariner.( We were on her maiden cruise and never ran into any problems.)

...I just wish they would add the lounges to the Vision class ships. I doubt they will because of the lower number of suites.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they DO add a Concierge Lounge to the Enchantment during its massive stretch, because we have booked our first suite on the her in August.

Carol

If it is anything like the Adventure or the Explorer, you will enjoy it. You can get very spoiled with the pre-dinner hors d'oevres, open bar including champagne and private club atmosphere. The concierge will chat with you, and the next time he sees you he will probably call you by name and remember what you like to drink. He also can get you on "sold out" shore excursions, tickets to the ice show, spa appointments, recommend restaurants on shore etc. Enjoy it, you've earned it by cruising ten times with RCCL.

SeaBaby :D

Hi Sea Baby-

Is the open bar all day or just certain hours? I did read that beer and soda is available all day.

Thanks!

J in WV :p

CallegDeb, just now looked at where you're from. Any chance you work at the AFB there? I was TDY to Warner Robins quite a few times from WPAFB in Dayton, OH where I worked.

We were in the Concierge Lounge on the Jewel one afternoon and there was a large container of ice with beer and soda along with some snacks on plates. Might just be the Concierge on the Jewel doing that.

I was in Communications & Computers (the symbols probably changed at least twice since I retired). Started at WP in 67 and retired in 95. Moved to Florida in 96. We always stopped in WR on our many trips up/down 75 while our house was being built and anytime we go back to Ohio. Always thought it was a nice place.

I know this is a silly question because of all the folks that work on the base and he's probably retired by now, but just on the off chance - do you know Jack Armstrong?

Archived