Left ring on cruise, what to do?

mrose1120

So my soon to be father in law left his wedding band on a cruise this past weekend. NCL is telling him it can be up to a week to find out if they have it. He left it on the dresser, but i'm wondering if anyone else has a similar situation and have any advice.

thanks

So my soon to be father in law left his wedding band on a cruise this past weekend. NCL is telling him it can be up to a week to find out if they have it. He left it on the dresser, but i'm wondering if anyone else has a similar situation and have any advice.

thanks

Other than hope that the room steward turns it in to lost and found what can be done? Maybe it's covered by his home owner's insurance?

Unless someone turns it in....I left a bag of jewelry in my room on my February cruise. I think I forgot to pack it because it was not in my luggage when I got home. I didn't even bother calling because I guess I'm too cynical to think anyone would have turned it in. And I figured if they did, they know who the room was registered to they could have sent it to me. Didn't receive anything in the mail 5 months later.

Unless someone turns it in....I left a bag of jewelry in my room on my February cruise. I think I forgot to pack it because it was not in my luggage when I got home. I didn't even bother calling because I guess I'm too cynical to think anyone would have turned it in. And I figured if they did, they know who the room was registered to they could have sent it to me. Didn't receive anything in the mail 5 months later.

You should have at least contacted them to let them know you may have left it in your stateroom. I know we found phone chargers and a camera battery charger in our stateroom and took them down to the Pursers Desk. I doubt NCL will just send them to the last person in the room because they could have been there for weeks before we found them. So even though we turned them in, if no one says they left them in the room I doubt they will be sent to anyone.

You should have at least contacted them to let them know you may have left it in your stateroom. I know we found phone chargers and a camera battery charger in our stateroom and took them down to the Pursers Desk. I doubt NCL will just send them to the last person in the room because they could have been there for weeks before we found them. So even though we turned them in, if no one says they left them in the room I doubt they will be sent to anyone.

Exactly if you don't report something lost there is almost no chance to see it again. They log in found items on the ship and wait for a matching lost item report.

Customer Relations/Lost and Found (Post-Cruise)

All correspondence should include the guest's name (first and last), name of ship and sailing date, as well as a contact address and telephone number. Standard Response time is 10 business days from receipt

NCL Customer Relations/Lost and Found

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, Florida 33126

Mon-Fri: 9am - 5:30pm ET

On June 20, my husband left his cell phone in the safe on a Princess ship. When we got home we put a stop on the service than reported the loss to the cruiseline including my booking number cabin date of sailing etc. A day or two later I received an email advising they would look into it and get back to me in a few weeks. Well last week they emailed me a picture of the phone asking if this was our phone. I emailed back it was. They mailed it to me free of charge and I received it two days later.

Report the loss. Most of the time the cabin stewards do turn in the items left behind and you can retrieve them with a simple email.

Archived