Upgrade ?

I received a visit from the upgrade fairy on my last cruise 2/09. No email from rcl or my ta...I found out when i logged in to do my online check in...i logged in and out several times to make surei t was for real !! :eek: They do exist but in my case it must have been about 2 weeks prior to sailing

Hi

When would you be given an upgrade if it was going to happen. How would you be made aware.

We sail in around 40 days and curious about the upgrade fairy.

Scotfi

As it has obviously not happened yet, if it happens at all it can happen any time between now and boarding. You might not get aware of it until you try to open your cabin and the SeaPass won´t work.

We made the deposit on our upcoming October cruise in June. We reserved a large outside guarantee and I checked the reservation a week later and we had been upgraded to a balcony, before we even made the final payment. It really is like a crap shoot.

Joann and I had booked an Ocean View for our cruise to Bermuda on the Grandeur and was not aware we had been upgraded until we checked in. We were told we were upgraded but never have found out why. The upgrade was super as it was our first cruis with a balcony but the luggage did not make it to our new cabin, I had to go to the booked room and there it was in the hallway.

One thing that can happen is 2 to 3 weeks out from the sailing date, if there are more that 2 suites available D+ are called and offered a free upgrade. C & A are given a list of D+ members in order of their cruise credits. When this happens, the D+ original cabins open up for possible upgrades to be given. Have had 3 OS, 1 GS and a JS free upgrades in the past several years.

Dave

Archived