EPIC...Experienced or New Hires???

neverthought

Agreed. Or it may not. Or it may be a "hard call", like he said. :rolleyes:

That's the point. He said it was a "hard call" and specifically mentioned the cut in salary and benefits.

So it isn't exactly a big leap of faith to conclude that salary and benefits are important to him, and that being the case (along with his age), concluding that he is not, to use your words, financially secure.

If he were financially secure, he might be a retired investor living on a pension, rather than working on a cruise ship. :D

That's the point. He said it was a "hard call" and specifically mentioned the cut in salary and benefits.

So it isn't exactly a big leap of faith to conclude that salary and benefits are important to him, and that being the case (along with his age), concluding that he is not, to use your words, financially secure.

If he were financially secure, he might be a retired investor living on a pension, rather than working on a cruise ship. :D

LQATM (L quietly and to myself)

I don't know his situation at all...but he does travel a lot, and my GUESS is that he's not impoverished.

I know that he interviewed for International, when his friend was on the Spirit... and if he was conceivably willing to give up salary / benefits then, perhaps he still is.

Who knows. That's his decision....butwe do know that he likes international travel, too.

So it's a trade-off. Cheap international travel vs. higher pay.

I suspect that if pay was his only concern, he wouldn't be working for a cruiseline...they're not notoriously generous. :rolleyes:

LQATM (L quietly and to myself)

I don't know his situation at all...but he does travel a lot, and my GUESS is that he's not impoverished.

I know that he interviewed for International, when his friend was on the Spirit... and if he was conceivably willing to give up salary / benefits then, perhaps he still is.

Who knows. That's his decision....butwe do know that he likes international travel, too.

So it's a trade-off. Cheap international travel vs. higher pay.

I suspect that if pay was his only concern, he wouldn't be working for a cruiseline...they're not notoriously generous. :rolleyes:

There's a big gap between being "impoverished" and financially secure.

Remember, by working for NCLA he is earning a lot more than he would doing the same job on NCL, and by working for the cruise line he doesn't have the major day-to-day expenses that most of us do for housing and food. The result is he can probably save a bigger percentage of his earnings than he could if he were earning the same amount in a land-based job. That savings gives him the money to travel between contracts...and hopefully put something away for the future.

Yeah the only reason why I would want to change would be the chance to bring out a new ship from the ship yard. To be honest though I think once I started seeing my paychecks I would be really angry for making that choice :D

Another thing I'm waiting for is to see who they pick to be its front office manager, hotel director etc.

Archived