Princess Buffet Food ??

JamesOceanVillage

Buffets on Princess are casual, but maybe not as casual as the Ocean Village would be. The food is of good quality with a wide variety available from breakfeast through to lunch and dinner.

It may be a different experience for you as I believe the Ocean Village is for 'people who don't do cruising'?... but you cant go wrong with Princess!

With regards to ships, they are all pretty much the same, however there is obviously a size difference. If you are used to smaller ships then I would say Sea, if you want something bigger then Emerald.

Whatever you do, enjoy your cruise!

My DH loves the buffets and frankly so do I. In the past 4-5 years they have improved big time. In fact there are times that their variety of food is better sometimes than in the dining room. I find absolutely nothing wrong with the buffets. Since the Emerald has the Cafe Caribe I would probably go with that ship.

Marilyn

You can always fine something good to eat at the buffet and considering the numbers of people that they feed each day the quality & selection is quite good. The only dress code I've ever seen is the restriction of bathing suits & requirement to wear shirts & shoes of some sort.

We have been on various Princess ships over the past few years & have always found the buffets to be excellent. No matter what food mood you are in, they seem to have something to fill your need to feed.

I also agree with previous posters, the quality of food is very high.

Considering ships, we prefer the smaller ships. They may not have everything the bigger ships have, but they can be a little friendlier in some aspects.

My DH loves the buffets and frankly so do I. In the past 4-5 years they have improved big time. In fact there are times that their variety of food is better sometimes than in the dining room. I find absolutely nothing wrong with the buffets. Since the Emerald has the Cafe Caribe I would probably go with that ship.

Marilyn

I absolutely agree with Marilyn on this. The food at the buffet has greatly improved the last few years. And my choice would also be a ship with the Cafe Caribe. Even though we love the Sun Class ships (such as the Sea Princess), for casual dining, we enjoy the extra dining choices that the larger ships offer!

.....and on Emerald don't forget the wonderful International Cafe, with great shrimp and chicken salad and some wonderful deserts!

Don't forget the panini's too. Good stuff.

marilyn

I loved the buffet on Sapphire Princess. There was always something good and pleasing. If they will allow me in the buffet with my foo-foo gown, that could be my place of dining, along with the specialty restaurant. For the most part the food was seasoned right and cooked well. I did not care for the food in the MDR but loved the formal setting. Maybe I should take a plate from the buffet to MDR. Hey, it's better than sticking the food in my pocket book:p

Enjoy!

Sea Princess has just under 2000 passengers and Emerald has over 3000.

If Sea Princess has charter flights going out you will find that the majority of Passengers are British. On Emerald there won`t be as many.

I have been on both in the last two year and loved both. Emerald will be newer looking but there is nothing wrong with Sea Princess.

You will like the food on both.

Thank you all very much, I have been reading some reviews and heard the Sea Princess is showing some age is this true. Can u tell the size difference between the Sea and Emerald, Thanks :D

If I am not mistaken, the Sea goes in for refurbishing this fall sometime (or maybe it was this winter, sorry can't remember the exact month).

Can u tell the size difference between the two? OMG YES!

This past November we were on the Sea Princess. I can honestly say that there may have been a little wear here & there, but very minor and it certainly did not take away from our cruise. For us it was a great ship, wonderful crew and the high standard of food that we have come to expect on a Princess ship.

Don't let a few minor critisisms put you off.

My favorite---the smell of freshly baked cookies--Also--shrimp salad in the afternoon

Don't seem to have either of those hanging around the house--

Oh, well

Nancy:D

We think the Princess Buffets are very good. The MDR in April on the Sapphire was outstanding. We have never been disappointed with any MDR on any Princess ship except one.

Also I see from your post a picture of either the Crown (our first cruise 1991) or Regal either an excellent ship but what a shameful paint job it has now.

Jack

for the lovely

Even thought Princess's ships would put the old Star and Crown Princess to shame they have a nice holiday look to them not boring and bland. They Stand out from the crowd like the ncl ships to. So is Sea Princess in for a refit? just a smaal one i would have thought :-s

Even thought Princess's ships would put the old Star and Crown Princess to shame they have a nice holiday look to them not boring and bland. They Stand out from the crowd like the ncl ships to. So is Sea Princess in for a refit? just a smaal one i would have thought :-s

Looks like someone is trolling.

I respectfully do not agree especially the Crown. Wonderful memories of that ship:D great food and service. A show lounge to die for. Nothing for us will ever put the Senior Crown to shame. Well maybe the paint job.;)The other is the Star - we have been on her also a good ship not too many balconies if I remember right but a fine ship.

Jack

for the unstopable

Hey,

I like causual cruising and love Princess's ships and intinarys, I know Princess have buffets but what is the dress code, quality of food like and selction??:confused:

Which ship would be better for me Emerald or Sea Princess?:confused:

Thanks...;)

my only issue with the Buffet on the Coral was the variety. There seemed to be much less choice than on RCI or on Celebrity. But the quality of what they served was good.

The Pizza is really good on Princess.

we sailed the dawn princess to alaska and loved her! on our 10 day cruise we only ate in the mdr 1 night. the buffet is right upstairs from the pool deck, and even though it's chilly in the summer in alaska, we still enjoyed getting a tray from the horizon court and taking it downstair where we had a great view of all the scenery. there is still table clearing service in that area and coffee in the mornings. we found that some variation of the mdr specials usually appeared in the buffet the next day (i.e.-lobster night in mdr=lobster salad at next days buffet), and there are awesome desserts in the evening. i'm not sure, but i think princess may have the only 24/7 buffet. the other ships seem to have a 24/7 eaterie of some type, but not buffet. :D

Archived