Airport to Las Ramblas

Who has taken the train from the Airport to Las Ramblas. I have been on the TMB websight and it looks like you have to make a few transfers. How easy is this to do with luguage? Anybody have a "step by step" way of doing this?

Or should we take the RENFE? Or the Aerobus?

Who has taken the train from the Airport to Las Ramblas. I have been on the TMB websight and it looks like you have to make a few transfers. How easy is this to do with luguage? Anybody have a "step by step" way of doing this?

Or should we take the RENFE? Or the Aerobus?

TMB = Metro-and-Bus-Operator... does not go to the airport...

RENFE = Train-Operator... Route 2 North is going from the airport but not to La Ramblas...

AEROBUS = Airport-Bus-Operator... If you hotel is close to Placa de Catalunya then this would be good option to go to La Ramblas.

If you prefer to take the train:

Only makes sense if you arrive at Terminal 2 (IBERIA and OneWorld-Partner and some others) because here you have a direct access to the train terminal.

Once you arrive at Barcelona Sants you can change to Metro Route 3 which will stop 3 times at La Ramblas (depends to the section you need to be - makes only sense for the central and Southern part. The Northern part is Placa de Catalunya. There it's easier to take the bus.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Hi...if I decide to take the bus(I am staying at hotel 1898) will it be easy to get the luggage (1 piece w/roller wheels and 1 carry on) on and off or should the taxi be the better option? Thanks so much!

RENFE = Train-Operator... Route 2 North is going from the airport but not to La Ramblas...

AEROBUS = Airport-Bus-Operator... If you hotel is close to Placa de Catalunya then this would be good option to go to La Ramblas.

Only makes sense if you arrive at Terminal 2 (IBERIA and OneWorld-Partner and some others) because here you have a direct access to the train terminal.

Once you arrive at Barcelona Sants you can change to Metro Route 3 which will stop 3 times at La Ramblas (depends to the section you need to be - makes only sense for the central and Southern part. The Northern part is Placa de Catalunya. There it's easier to take the bus.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Hi...if I decide to take the bus(I am staying at hotel 1898) will it be easy to get the luggage (1 piece w/roller wheels and 1 carry on) on and off or should the taxi be the better option? Thanks so much!

Have a look here:

http://www.hotel1898.com/en/barcelona-how-to-arrive.php

Best would be the Aerobus and walk down La Rambla.

Regards,

HeinBloed

We have taken both the train and the bus both several times from Barcelona airport to Las Ramblas. The bus is the easiest I think since if you take the train you have to haul your luggage up stairs to street level once you arrive downtown.

BCN Airport Terminal A or B to Downtown Placa Catalunya:

· Aeropuerto Bus 4/leaves every 15 minutes in front of each terminal (credit cards are accepted on board to pay.) Watch for Luggage Thieves and Pickpockets on bus! Time to Plaza Catalunya: 30 mins. Fare: €4

You might also want to know that there is an ATM inside the air terminal in case you want to pick up currency when you get off your plane.

· Aeropuerto Bus 4/leaves every 15 minutes in front of each terminal (credit cards are accepted on board to pay.) Watch for Luggage Thieves and Pickpockets on bus! Time to Plaza Catalunya: 30 mins.Fare: €4

You might also want to know that there is an ATM inside the air terminal in case you want to pick up currency when you get off your plane.

This information is a little outdated.

The Aerobus stops at

Terminal 1 (new operation since this summer)

Terminal 2A

Terminal 2B

and Terminal 2C

So once you arrive at Terminal 1 or 2C you do not need to transfer by bus to Terminal 2A/B (former A and B) to get on the bus.

The new price for Terminal 1: 5 EUR

http://www.emt-amb.com/links/DetalleLinea.asp?pagLinea=lineas/aero.asp&CodLinea=%27A1%27&idioma=eng

The new price for Terminal 2: 4.25 EUR

http://www.emt-amb.com/links/DetalleLinea.asp?pagLinea=lineas/aero2.asp&CodLinea=%27A2%27&idioma=eng

Regards,

HeinBloed

Edited by HeinBloed

Thanks for the help!

We have taken both the train and the bus both several times from Barcelona airport to Las Ramblas. The bus is the easiest I think since if you take the train you have to haul your luggage up stairs to street level once you arrive downtown.

· Aeropuerto Bus 4/leaves every 15 minutes in front of each terminal (credit cards are accepted on board to pay.) Watch for Luggage Thieves and Pickpockets on bus! Time to Plaza Catalunya: 30 mins.Fare: €4

Once again, Thanks so much! In the other post, they said to look out for luggage thieves..does someone actually want to walk off w/your luggage?:eek:

It's a big city like New York City, London England, Chicago, Los Angeles, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Athens, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Sydney Australia, Cape Town, Cairo...

Just keep your eyes on your belongings and for acitivities in your surrounding.

Do not show your money and have a seperate wallet for foreign currencies and some of your credit cards.

Of course: within a walk of 500 yards from the bus stop to your hotel you can be a better victim then from the trunk of your taxi to the entrance of your hotel...

Barcelona is not worse than other big cities in the world.

Have a great time there. We love it and will be back in November again.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks for the update on the bus fare and on the opening of Terminal 1. I'll add that into my notes for when we are in BCN again.

As you are going in October... in September IBERIA and the oneworld-Partner like British Airways and American Airlines will move to Terminal 1 as well.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed you are correct, it looks like you need to catch the TMB around the hospital stop if you choose to take that into the city center.

Thanks for clearing that up and providing some extra information as well.

It looks like you are getting ready to set sail again her very shortly. Enjoy yourself!

As you are going in October... in September IBERIA and the oneworld-Partner like British Airways and American Airlines will move to Terminal 1 as well.

Regards,

HeinBloed

I've heard horror stories about Iberia flights.....do you (or anyone) have any comments about them?

Jeanne

I've heard horror stories about Iberia flights.....do you (or anyone) have any comments about them?

Jeanne

I flew on Iberia from Madrid to JFK in April. The flight was okay, certainly not a horror story, but not fantastic either.

The good -

the flight was on time

good in-flight entertainment

flight attendants friendly, helpful & fluent in English

seats were comfortable (well, as comfortable as can be expected in coach)

The bad -

"unidentifiable" food so if you have allergies you might have a problem

they only came around twice offering drinks (once with lunch and one other time BUT you could walk to the galley area and get a drink at any time)

Pack some snacks and bottled water and I'd say you'll be fine :)

• 5 years later...
I will be spending night at Hotel Continental. When I arrive at airport what would be the best way to get there. Also the best way to get to cruise pier. How much $$

We used taxis both ways. The taxis are easy to find at the airport. Before you depart the hotel, write down the name of the pier and ask your hotel to call you a cab when you leave. Show the driver the name of the pier so he can take you to the correct place. You may want to verify with the hotel that the name is correct as well.

I don't recall how much the rides were but you can check here:

http://www.worldtaximeter.com

I will be spending night at Hotel Continental. When I arrive at airport what would be the best way to get there. Also the best way to get to cruise pier. How much $$

You can also take the A1 or A2 Aerobus for 5.90 per person. They have space for luggage and your hotel is just about 3 blocks from the drop-off point right in front of El Corte Ingles on Plaza Catalunya.

Depending on your situation you can take a taxi all the way to the port. They will add a supplement of 3.10 for the port and a supplement of 1 euro for each bag. If you cross Les Rambles and take a taxi down you will save the added cost of calling a taxi to a hotel and the cost of them going up and then turning around. It will cost between 15 to 20 euros.

You can also take a bus down Les Rambles for 2.15 per person and then take the blue port bus T3 to your ship for 2.50 per person. Alternatively it is possible to walk down to the port bus as well.