A "Winter Crussing Club" for QV

Ab Ovo

The decade toward her demise, many friends on the beloved QE2 in late-December or early-January crossings on the North Atlantic fell into a "Winter Crossing Club" mode. There are even pins to show this interest.

QM2, being another liner, some few stalwarts on her in January would try to maintain the Winter Crossing Club idea, but it not being QE2, it wasn't the same. Was different, yet still the North Atlantic in January; we were still crossing, were Winter Crossers.

Now we've the Vista-class QUEEN VICTORIA, a cruise ship, (SLOWLY) making her way across the North Atlantic in January, 2008 and 2009. Winter cruisers. But a crossing is not a cruise. In 2010, that first segment into NYC, when QV sets off for her World Cruise 04 January, I think we should be the "Winter Crussing Club".

Any takers? ;)

The decade toward her demise, many friends on the beloved QE2 in late-December or early-January crossings on the North Atlantic fell into a "Winter Crossing Club" mode. There are even pins to show this interest.

QM2, being another liner, some few stalwarts on her in January would try to maintain the Winter Crossing Club idea, but it not being QE2, it wasn't the same. Was different, yet still the North Atlantic in January; we were still crossing, were Winter Crossers.

Now we've the Vista-class QUEEN VICTORIA, a cruise ship, (SLOWLY) making her way across the North Atlantic in January, 2008 and 2009. Winter cruisers. But a crossing is not a cruise. In 2010, that first segment into NYC, when QV sets off for her World Cruise 04 January, I think we should be the "Winter Crussing Club".

Any takers? ;)

Transversing the North Atlantic in a ship, be it a liner, sail boat, or Vista Class Cruise Ship, is still a "crossing", and so much more preferable than flying, so I would vote for maintaining the "o". :)

I've always crussed every winter. Rain or shine, I'm out there, crussing away. Don't care who sees me, I can cruss with the best of them. And, to prove it, I've pins to prove it. In the open, in public, I pin whenever I can. I don't care if ladies can see me pinning, I pin in public.

Any takers? ;)

Neither I nor a few other stalwarts will be crussing this coming January. We will be crossing though on a proper liner from New York to Southampton. Now, I guess, in 2011 we'll be forced to cruss, and some will take up residence for eight days on the QUEEN ELIZABETH. I guess that will make us "maiden crussers."

I guess I'm a crusser. :eek: Is that even legal?

No....I'm a 'crosser'....on Queen Victoria in 2009....and time will tell for 2010....as well as several QE2 Winter Crossings and one on Caronia....much as a QM2 Winter Crossing appeals.....not east-bound.....

Dear Ab Ovo:

If we go any slower, the crew could pass around oars to the passengers (not "guests" !), then we could start the "Winter Paddling Club" !

Since there are probably no oars available aboard the Queen Victoria maybe they will make the passengers do some dirty hard work like shoveling coal into the Queen Victoria's boilers and you can then call yourselves "The Winter Shove It Crossing Club" which is short for "They made us shovel coal into the Queen Victoria's boilers Winter Crossing Club" :D Regards,Jerry

Archived