Room Service Menu

eby

Where can you find room service menu on line

You'll need to be more specific. The room service offerings are dependant on the type of cabin that you're in.

We hear that they are also expanding room service in the concierge rooms, albeit not to the suite level, but that may kick in when the soft drinks become included in the cruise fare (April of 2010).

The images are a bit too small to blow up to readable size. Can you email the originals to me (just click the "me" and it should load your mail program)? I can post them to my web server and then link them to this site.

My understanding is that as of the beginning of this year, right after we exited Insignia on Jan 4, they were going to start offering a hot breakfast to concierge level guests, instead of the continental breakfast offered previously. Category B and below would continue to be a cold continental breakfast.

Because Concierge level cabins do not have a butler, I don't think they are offering the same room service menus for dinner as enjoyed by the suites. In the suites, one may order anything that appears on the restaurant menus. In non-butler suites, the room service menu was the same all the time, and was of more simple fare -- a steak, chicken, spaghetti, sandwiches, etc. That may have changed recently, but I haven't heard of it, not do I know how they would manage it without a butler -- and, as Lyn mentioned, there really isn't room for an expansive menu. In Category E, I don't think there is even a place for two people to sit.

In Category E, I don't think there is even a place for two people to sit.

Only on the bed! (We even had the little glass table removed from our E last September because it got in the way of simply moving around the cabin.)

The images are a bit too small to blow up to readable size. Can you email the originals to me (just click the "me" and it should load your mail program)? I can post them to my web server and then link them to this site.

Just sent to you.

Hope the files are not too big for your mailbox, as they are almost 4MB each.

Please send them again, to don@hornerfamily.com .

I'm pretty sure my mailbox will handle them, but you will not believe the dang-blasted, dingleberry goof I made. In my previous post, I misspelled my own dang email address! The ones you sent will obviously not go through, and you will probably get some stupid message telling you they are undeliverable.

Sorry about that. I can't believe I made such a simple minded mistake. :eek:

I tested this one first, before posting...

Thanks to advice from fellow CC'ers I discovered that Princess allows you to write what you want on the breakfast order card left on your bed every night. Every morning I enjoyed bacon, eggs, French Toast and specific fruits, none of which was on the menu.

Today I was told by someone at Oceania that I could do the same on the Regatta, order a hot breakfast even though I am in a B2. Have any of you tried this?

........write what you want on the breakfast order card left on your bed every night. Every morning I enjoyed bacon, eggs, French Toast and specific fruits, ..........that I could do the same on the Regatta, order a hot breakfast even though I am in a B2. Have any of you tried this?

Since Oceania introduced enhanced room breakfast menu as an upgraded service to concierge class cabins, I do not think they offer this to B cabins just so they can justify the higher fare for A. On the other hand, the person who processes the room service breakfast order may turn a blind eye and put on the tray whatever he can do as per your request.

Don, photos sent.

Room service menu images, thanks to Tak2. I tried to enhance them a little to make them easier to read, but it's always difficult to get a good picture of a printed object.

rsvc1.jpg---rsvc2.jpg

This is the same room service menu I have seen on every cruise; it does not change. It is not the breakfast menu -- that's different. Category B and below gets a continental breakfast; Category A and above gets a full, hot breakfast. As Tak2 said, they have given some of the prior Cat A (concierge) perks to all staterooms -- hand held hair dryers, DVD players, etc., so apparently they have extended the previous suite menu for breakfast to Cat A to help justify the price difference. Frankly, after paying the differential for a Cat A to get the suite breakfast, I would be disappointed to see them extend it to Cat B and below, and would go looking for some other perk to justify the price difference. Not intended to be snobby, it's just business and value for the price.

I guess it is just me but unless I was deathly ill I would probably not order a meal in my cabin.

Aside from the constraints of the cabin size I just do not like the smell of food in my bedroom.

Lyn

I guess it is just me but unless I was deathly ill I would probably not order a meal in my cabin.

Aside from the constraints of the cabin size I just do not like the smell of food in my bedroom.

Lyn[/quOTE

LOL. I have ordered sandwiches upon returning from a port intensive morning tour. Although, my cabin is sufficient in size, I usually eat on the veranda. :)

LOL. I have ordered sandwiches upon returning from a port intensive morning tour. Although, my cabin is sufficient in size, I usually eat on the veranda. :)

I guess if I booked a PH or Suite it may not be too bad to enjoy a meal but still do not like the lingering smell of food when I go to bed!!

It is just one of my many quirks!!:D

lyn

lyn

I don't have that one, but I can probably keep up to you with others :D.

I got used to food in the bedroom when I lived in a one-room apartment in my college days and cooked my dinners in an electric popcorn popper (really!) because I was not supposed to have cooking facilities. the probably reason I'm an optimist is because everything is "up" from those days...:cool:

I guess if I booked a PH or Suite it may not be too bad to enjoy a meal but still do not like the lingering smell of food when I go to bed!!

lyn

And....you are entitled to your quirks. We all have them. I opted for the Concierge this cruise instead of the PH so I will only order RS on a busy day. It is quite nice on the balcony.

I don't have that one, but I can probably keep up to you with others :D.

I got used to food in the bedroom when I lived in a one-room apartment in my college days and cooked my dinners in an electric popcorn popper (really!) because I was not supposed to have cooking facilities. the probably reason I'm an optimist is because everything is "up" from those days...:cool:

Don

Well you certainly beat me on that one:D

I am an optimist (most days);)

I can still afford to cruise so that is a good thing in my world!!!

Lyn

Archived