Inexpensive and good restaurant for lunch in Sorrento

whp

Decidedd on cruise in October to eat lunch in Sorrento rather than Positano. Anyone have any good ideas. Basically pizza and maybe a bottle of wine. When on a cruise the last thing I need is a big lunch.

We ate a very late lunch (after our visit to Pompeii) at Pizzeria Da Franco on the Corso Italia at #265, just past the train station and about a six or seven-minute walk from the main plaza, the Piazza Tasso. on our Sorrento port day last month.

I had read it was the favorite pizza place for the locals, and we thought the pizza was very good. Not a fancy place, but a really good pizza at a very reasonable price.

Decidedd on cruise in October to eat lunch in Sorrento rather than Positano. Anyone have any good ideas. Basically pizza and maybe a bottle of wine. When on a cruise the last thing I need is a big lunch.

We had a great pizza here in Sept 2007. I don't think that it was too expensive.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=sorrento&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.093698,43.813477&ie=UTF8&ll=40.627064,14.374961&spn=0.002296,0.005348&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=40.62712,14.374887&panoid=ssNgRaQLSRlaZWPjeWX3eQ&cbp=12,1.09,,0,3.01

Restorante Belfino is an excellent place to eat in Sorrento. You sit outdoors (under cover ) looking out over the Mediterranean. It was a wonderful experience and the food & wine were very good. We didn't want to leave.

Restorante Belfino is an excellent place to eat in Sorrento. You sit outdoors (under cover ) looking out over the Mediterranean. It was a wonderful experience and the food & wine were very good. We didn't want to leave.
I think you mean Ristorante Delfino (Dolphin Restaurant).:)

You are absolutely correct. Delfino's is the location. A beautiful yacht cruised by while we were eating . My wife swears she saw Brad Pitt on board ! I was too busy checking out the pretty ladies on deck to notice.

I would also suggest a shot of lemoncello to end your meal. We can't wait to go there again.

I can highly recommend Circolo Dei Forestieri (Foreigners' Club,) Via De Maio Luigi, 35. It's not at all expensive, and the food is acceptable, but the location is amazing! It's at the top of the cliff overlooking the Marina Piccolo, and the outdoor tables have a gorgeous view of Vesuvius across the Bay of Naples, and it's handy for admiring any cruise ships anchored below.

It's called the Foreigners' Club, but you don't have to be a member to eat there. It's open to the public.

Lisa

Archived