Question: Luggage at Embarkation

dfields1814

We have stacking bags where the rolling carry-on fits on top of the rolling larger bag, and they're quite easy to manouver, so it would make sense for us to just walk off with everything right at the end.

3pm flight means we don't have to disembark until about 1pm, but since the next cruise will embark prior to that time, I know, that means we can be the very last to embark, and won't get in anyone's way anyway!

I agree....

Its pretty painless. ;)

Express Disembarkation is assigned a specific time, usually the first (earliest) time. If you disembark with all of your luggage at any other time, you are doing whatever you please whenever you please but you aren't doing Express Disembarkation.

It really doesn't make much difference what you want to call it. Sign up for self disembarkation & get off first or take you luggage with you & get off later- same difference only you have all your stuff with you & there's nothing to get stolen or broken.

Please read my earlier posts -- only if you choose to do self+diembark with luggage that impedes the flow of pax whose turn is to disembark. I had no issue with your earlier position that you had little luggage or you disembarked last. But you switched your views in your last post.

Yea right. :rolleyes: So you just push people aside if they get in your path.

Hehe... sultan has good timing.

My husband thinks it will be too hard to disembark with our luggage because it won't fit down the hallways.

If you have one, maybe 27" upright rolling bag, and a carry-on on top of that, is it going to fit down the hallways and the gangplank?

I'd suspect it would, but maybe someone out there can give their experience.

As for my parents and our family in America, Sultan may be right. They will probably (and I'm not joking) arrive with at least two large and two small suitcases. I wouldn't want to try to move all that myself, but for us with one large, and one small stacked on top, we're used to getting on and off trains in Japan, etc., with that luggage... no big deal.

So just wondering how much room there is to roll luggage on the ship!

Please read my earlier posts -- only if you choose to do self+diembark with luggage that impedes the flow of pax whose turn is to disembark. I had no issue with your earlier position that you had little luggage or you disembarked last. But you switched your views in your last post.

I always carry my own luggage whether you call it self disembarkation or not - sometimes we are last & sometimes not depending on when our ride arrives. I'm no slower than lots of folks & probably faster than most but since you're on a ship with lots of people sometimes slower people are to be expected. When the day comes that I can't handle my own luggage I'll resort to having them do it, but for now my way works best for me.

My husband thinks it will be too hard to disembark with our luggage because it won't fit down the hallways.

If you have one, maybe 27" upright rolling bag, and a carry-on on top of that, is it going to fit down the hallways and the gangplank?

So just wondering how much room there is to roll luggage on the ship!

Yes, there is enough room to carry your luggage off the ship.

Hoeever, you use the word "roll". You may also have to take the luggage up and down stairs, not where you can roll it. So be sure you are able to lift your luggage as necessary.

Yes, there is enough room to carry your luggage off the ship.

Hoeever, you use the word "roll". You may also have to take the luggage up and down stairs, not where you can roll it. So be sure you are able to lift your luggage as necessary.

Ah. That may rule us out of doing it then.

My husband had surgery two years ago to replace a ruptured vertebra in his neck with a carbon fibre cage. His neck is good as new, but he still gets back pain, and so we never actually pick up luggage for more than up one curb or something.

Archived