How do you decide the "best" day book dinner at the supper club?

path145

On Conquest last summer, I booked two Supper Club dinners and could have probably eaten there a third time. Fantastic steaks. First thing I'll do when I get on Conquest in a few weeks is book the club.

Funny thing... it was never crowded last summer. Maybe the beer and mullet crowd isn't that interested in laying out the extra cash.

Hi Everyone,

We are doing an 8 day on the Miracle as well at the end of the month. We also want to book the supper club but don't want to miss the MDR for the elegant nights....how do we know which nights are the elegant nights?

Hi Everyone,

We are doing an 8 day on the Miracle as well at the end of the month. We also want to book the supper club but don't want to miss the MDR for the elegant nights....how do we know which nights are the elegant nights?

We just returned from Miracle. The elegant nights were the first sea day and the third sea day.

No jacket required - the dress code is the same as the dining room. If it's elegant night, they do ask that you follow the elegant night dress code.

Except no shorts allowed, even on cruise casual nights. We went on a cruise casual night on the Spirit (the ship was actually in Acapulco, so we could see all the lights) and DH wore slacks and a nice Tommy Bahama shirt.

Random works for me. For me, micromanagement is a sure way to ruin a vacation. If we have decided not to do the formal nights, then this would definitely be a consideration. On some cruise lines, there are special shows on certain nights (such as the ice shows), so we would consider that. I can always find something I like in the MDR, and try to get the entire party to agree on a "worst menu night" in the MDR seems like a real vacation spoiler to me.

I dined in the supper club this past Thursday while in Belize aboard the Valor. We chose that day because we didn't have an excursion planned, DW went ashore but I didn't, so because it was an unplanned day we decided it would be good to do the supper club then. I wore a shirt and tie, but I seen some guys wearing polo shirts and khakis; no one really paid attention to what other people were wearing; at least I didn't. ;)

Archived