How do you decide the "best" day book dinner at the supper club?

path145

I just booked an 8-day cruise on the Miracle for February. This will be my third cruise but the first time I'll be having dinner at the supper club. I was wondering - how do you decide what is the best day to have dinner at the supper club? Would you book it on an elegant night? Or try to eat at the supper club on nights that the main dining room is serving something you aren't fond of?

Related question - Are the menus in the main dining room the same every cruise? This one is 8 days and in the past I've only sailed for 7 days.

Right now I may just randomly pick a night for the supper club, but I'd like to know what everyone else does.

Thanks,

Patty

I usually like to pick a day that is not the formal nights and not the first night because I like to meet my table mates. I also let our head waiter know what night we are going to the supper club then they don't hold the table up to start dinner. Karon :)

We don't book the supper club on the formal nights or the first/last nights. Aside from that, I try to aim for a sea day. Back on February when we were on Glory, I booked the supper club for the night we left St. Maarten and between a day of activity on shore, a sunburn, and the ship's motion, I could hardly eat anything for dinner.

We don't book the supper club on the formal nights or the first/last nights. Aside from that, I try to aim for a sea day.

Same here. Upon boarding, we ask the purser to give us the menus for the entire week. They have them up there and you can look at them (but not take them with you.) We decide which main dining room menu we like least and book that night.

We are doing the Miracle 8-day in November, and I'm thinking the best night may be the sea day on between Costa Rica and Belize.

If it's a special occasion (birthday or anniversary), we book the exact date. If not, any night works on us. Since we are not into elegant dress (prefer cruise or country club casual), that makes elegant night a good choice for us to go to the supper club/steakhouse, whatever Carnival is calling it now.

We go on a night that the dining room food doesn't interest us. I have seen the 7 night menus on CC and decided which night to go. We went on Glory a few months ago and the night we chose, in advance, was the best night for us to go. Once again, we have booked the same night, so hopefully, they won't change the menu.

Many people say they won't go to the supper club on a formal/elegant night and I am very curious as to why. I do understand trying to go on a sea day, but I just can't figure out the reason on elegant night. Can someone enlighten me?

I booked the Supper Club, Nick & Nora's on the Miracle, for the night we are in Puerto Rico. I would rather eat dinner when the ship is not moving so you can really enjoy your dinner. On our upcoming cruise PR is the first stop so that is when we will dine there, after 2 and one half sea days.;)

Many people say they won't go to the supper club on a formal/elegant night and I am very curious as to why. I do understand trying to go on a sea day, but I just can't figure out the reason on elegant night. Can someone enlighten me?

Usually cuz there are some 'special' menu items on those nights, like lobster, prime rib, escargot, etc....and people don't want to miss that. Also it's nice to see every one gussied up!!!

I agree with the other posters....first and last nights are out - 2 formal nights are out...which leaves only a possible 3 nights - I may check what time we reboard - in some cases we might stay late in a port so you might not want to rush back? You can always make more than 1 reservation and then cancel one (or keep the 2 if you really enjoy yourselves :D). While you are able to see the menus in advance (and they are posted on the cabin TV every day) I have found that they sometimes 'switch' days so it pays to check this out if that affects your choice of evening!

Why is the first and last night automatically out for so many people? I was planning to do the last night and the Steakhouse, so now I'm wondering if that's a mistake.
Its a matter of 'what you like'! Nothing else....:)

The first couple days are usually slow in the SC and the last night is normally slow as everyone likes to extend an extra tip, etc if the service so warrants in the MDR! We also don't like to do really casual in the SC, as the last night is the night to put ones bags out!!:p

Really, its a horse-a-piece... Do whatever you feel comfortable with...:D The food will be just as good any night, altho' we have had better luck early in the week!;)

Why is the first and last night automatically out for so many people? I was planning to do the last night and the Steakhouse, so now I'm wondering if that's a mistake.

:confused:

We always prefer the last night to make the last evening a special memory of our cruise.... but it's really up to what YOUR preference is... not other folks ! Bon Appetite'

:confused:

Maybe it's because that night is somewhat limited by the need to pack completely and have the bags outside the door before bed. Who wants to do that on a special night? If you are carrying off your own bags then that is not an issue.

Maybe it's because that night is somewhat limited by the need to pack completely and have the bags outside the door before bed. Who wants to do that on a special night? If you are carrying off your own bags then that is not an issue.

Simple method for us is to repack each day we are done with clothing that will not be used again... by the last night we are almost done packing early in the day... and leave our luggage outside the door after midnight and never had a problem.

Thanks for all the responses! I've heard a lot of good things about Nick & Nora's on the Miracle and Brian is really looking forward to going. I think I'll reserve it ahead of time for one of the first three nights, probably the third, and then if we enjoy it as much as I think we will, we can see if there are reservations available for later in the week.

Patty

I have tried looking at the menu ahead of time, but too many times it has changed. now we just check the menu on the TV (or the restaurant) then book. we never had a problem getting in the Supper Club.

Last October on the Glory, my DH wore nice khaki slacks, a button up, long sleeve shirt and a nice tie with no jacket. He looked wonderful and no one said a word about him not having a jacket. Since most men remove them upon sitting down, I think it's silly to "require" one. They just get in the way. That's just us, though. ;)

When you do the supper club. Do you keep the same eating time? My husband and I are early eaters. I get sick real fast if I do not eat by a certain time. And he is a diabetic, it is important for us, due to his medical condition.

When you do the supper club. Do you keep the same eating time? My husband and I are early eaters. I get sick real fast if I do not eat by a certain time. And he is a diabetic, it is important for us, due to his medical condition.

You can reserve for whatever time you like - I think they open at around 6 pm! Don't forget the meal takes around 2 hours from start to end!

Thanks for all the responses! I've heard a lot of good things about Nick & Nora's on the Miracle and Brian is really looking forward to going. I think I'll reserve it ahead of time for one of the first three nights, probably the third, and then if we enjoy it as much as I think we will, we can see if there are reservations available for later in the week.

Patty

That is when we booked ours for, the third night. Nick & Noras is wonderful and I think you will really enjoy.:D

Archived