Suite Perks...

FunandSunPeeps

We are sailing in a suite on the Emerald Princess this October and read about champange on the departure day. Does anyone know if this is a bottle or 2 glasses? We are really looking forward to it especially since this will be out platinum voyage with Princess!!

We are sailing in a suite on the Emerald Princess this October and read about champange on the departure day. Does anyone know if this is a bottle or 2 glasses? We are really looking forward to it especially since this will be out platinum voyage with Princess!!
Are you in a full suite or a mini-suite? If it's a mini-suite, you'll receive a glass of champagne. No bottle. FYI, there's a big difference in perks between a full suite and a mini-suite.

I'm going to jump in and BEG one of the initiated to tell me ALL the suite perks!
http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/during_cruise/board.jsp

In-Stateroom Amenities

The little extras you find in the best hotels — fresh fruit (by request), evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow, complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion — are provided in every stateroom. Waffle weave cloth bathrobes are available upon request from your stateroom steward for your comfort and convenience. For those of you who wish to enjoy a relaxing drink in the privacy of your stateroom, bottles of liquor and stateroom bar packages are available for purchase at non-duty-free prices through room service or from designated bar locations. Click here to download our menu of offerings.

Mini-suites include a welcome glass of champagne, two televisions, a sitting area and a spacious closet, while full suites offer all of these premiums plus amenities such as a DVD/CD player and free access to a DVD library.

Full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary web access in the Internet Café, laundry and dry cleaning, use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships), one-time free mini-bar setup and use of our Disembarkation Lounge.

Each stateroom has other luxuries for your convenience, such as a private safe and refrigerator. In addition, each room is equipped with a 110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings. Please ask your stateroom steward to check your appliances for suitability before use if you have any questions. All ships are equipped with an electric hair dryer in every stateroom.

I'm going to jump in and BEG one of the initiated to tell me ALL the suite perks!

Thank you!!

This is a great place to see most of the full suite perks listed: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

There have been a few added since Princess posted this list, such as breakfast at Sabatinis for full suite guests only. And most ships have the unlimted WiFi accessible in the staterooms now.

I know there was another one or two, but I just can't remember off hand, maybe someone else can post them. ;)

We have decided to also book a suite for our cruise on the Emerald for 2010. Not really sure how the minibar set up works. Can anyone provide details on that - do you tell them what you would like or it is set items? I am not a big drinker but figured I would ask. I really think I like the idea of breakfast at Sabattini's or the full room service options. Does that mean you can essentially order from the dining room lunch menu if you wanted and could dine out on your balcony?

We are currently booked on our second time crusing. We will be on the Sapphire Princess for the December 5th Mexican Riveria cruise. We are repeating the cruise we did two years ago. First because we had such a marvelous time the first cruise and because of the ease of getting to LA from Portland and the less time away from work. Our first cruise was in a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck which was wonderful and I booked the same thing this time. Now we are wondering about splurging and upgrading ourselves to a PH suite on the Caribe deck. I would go for one grade down which would put up in an aft or forward suite but I an concerned about movement so the PH which are mid-ship seem a little safer bet. This is the long way round to my question. In anyone's opinion is it worth the extra money for the differences in perks between a mini-suite and a full suite. We won't be getting off the ship much as we have been to Mexico many times on land, so I think we will be taking much more advantage of the ships amenities this time.

I understand, I believe what the amenities are for the suite and they sound wonderful. Unbeliveably maybe, my biggest concern is the "butler". We are very simple people who make few requests for service. I am not sure how comfortable I am with this extended service.

Anyway - thanks in advance for any input. I am thinking about calling and upgrading in the next day or so

Esmo

We have decided to also book a suite for our cruise on the Emerald for 2010. Not really sure how the minibar set up works. Can anyone provide details on that - do you tell them what you would like or it is set items? I am not a big drinker but figured I would ask. I really think I like the idea of breakfast at Sabattini's or the full room service options. Does that mean you can essentially order from the dining room lunch menu if you wanted and could dine out on your balcony?

In a full suite, you may order the full three meals from the dining room during their normal hours of operation (it's a WONDERFUL perk!!). For our minibar, it was just "set up" - but Room Service changed to to all soda and water since we rarely drink anything other than that. They were prompt and did it with a smile.

We loved, loved, loved the Island Princess suite and I'm on the hunt for Princess cruises out of NYC that may be longer than 7 days (since DH won't fly and I just will not drive to Florida two years in a row).

Have a blast!

Well from what I can tell the perks sound absolutely wonderful. We will have three of us in the cabin, my boyfriend and I and my mother will also be traveling with us. I don't mind traveling with my mother as her and I have wanted to do a cruise on the Emerald since she began sailing and my BF is actually the tag along!!!

Not sure we would use everything offered but it definately sounds nice. I actually kind of like the idea of having lunch delivered and dining out on the balcony.

Not sure we would use everything offered but it definately sounds nice. I actually kind of like the idea of having lunch delivered and dining out on the balcony.

We enjoyed the lunch - sometimes dining room, sometimes just the "regular" menu. It's nice to have it on the balcony and then just sit and enjoy the view. Much more relaxing (for us anyway) than going to a dining room for meals. DH has some pretty severe medical issues that act up from time-to-time, so we spend a lot of time in the suite- the size is wonderful!!

We're just offof the Star in a suite and it was wonderful. I did put down my preferences on the cruise personalizer but some people will change it with their room steward upon arrival. And, there's no butler with Princess suites

What do you mean by just a "set-up" for the mini-bar? Is that just mixers?

We just received an email upgrading us from a mini-suite (all we have ever had on Princess) to a verandah suite and I am trying to figure out what all the perks actually mean.

What do you mean by just a "set-up" for the mini-bar? Is that just mixers?

A "setup" is (and I may not remember it all correctly), 2 cans Coke, 2 cans Sprite, 2 cans beer, 8 minature bottles of liquor (2 each of four types), two bottles of water

I understand, I believe what the amenities are for the suite and they sound wonderful. Unbeliveably maybe, my biggest concern is the "butler". We are very simple people who make few requests for service. I am not sure how comfortable I am with this extended service.

Esmo

NO WORRIES THERE - NO BUTLER ON PRINCESS...luv the suites on princess and imo, i would 100% do the aft suites, just make sure u get the ones that are unobstructed......

but also, u will luv the caribe suites - have stayed in them as well

well worth the money? - if u have the extra dollars - why not?

worth it for the perks - no.... but the space and the suite is beautiful

Are you in a full suite or a mini-suite? If it's a mini-suite, you'll receive a glass of champagne. No bottle. FYI, there's a big difference in perks between a full suite and a mini-suite.

We had a full suite on our recent 7/26 Caribbean Princess cruise and never received the bottle of Champagne. Didn't bother to ask for it as we are not Champagne drinkers but the perk was missing & slipped through the cracks. We did have a fully stocked liquor cabinet with some mini bottles of whiskey, vodka etc. plus the refrig. stocked with soda and water. We brought on board some wine and a case of water.

NO WORRIES THERE - NO BUTLER ON PRINCESS...luv the suites on princess and imo, i would 100% do the aft suites, just make sure u get the ones that are unobstructed......

but also, u will luv the caribe suites - have stayed in them as well

well worth the money? - if u have the extra dollars - why not?

worth it for the perks - no.... but the space and the suite is beautiful

We had an aft Vista Suite on our recent CB cruise. Dolphin Deck, St. Thomas Suite #736. It was our first experience with an aft suite and we loved it. There is a beam on one side of the balcony but the balcony is so big it didn't obstruct the views. The furniture is teak with a teak table, 2 cushioned lounge chairs and two cushioned side chairs. The suite has a set of two double sliding glass doors. It is a very quiet area on the ship accept for the sound of the wake as the ship glides through the water. The ride is smooth and we never experienced any unusual rocking or rolling even when the seas were a little rough. Also the balcony has a divider door to the outside balcony cabin next door #D734 where our DS,DIL & GS stayed. We had it opened and had a tremendous amount of balcony space as their balcony was long and narrow and much bigger than the mini suite balconies. We enjoyed a combination of privacy, sun and shade with great views.

Hi Tika (MJ),

So glad we had the chance to meet you and your family. Glad you enjoyed your suite. We were in the Dominica Suite (R404) and one of our complaints was that the balcony was tooooo small. It was so narrow that I could touch the rail while still in the room! The table was situated (table for 2 no way 4 could have gotten around it) with a chair on each side, but we had to move it for my husband to get in the door. We had 2 sets of sliding doors. The other set came off of the bed area with 2 lounge (?????) chairs almost facing each other because they could not be fully extended for lack of space. I know that the floor plans on line are not to scale, but if you look at them, it looks like 4 chairs would fit around the table. Not so!!! Oh well, it certainly did not spoil our cruise!

Enjoy,

Kathie

We had a full suite on our recent 7/26 Caribbean Princess cruise and never received the bottle of Champagne. Didn't bother to ask for it as we are not Champagne drinkers but the perk was missing & slipped through the cracks. We did have a fully stocked liquor cabinet with some mini bottles of whiskey, vodka etc. plus the refrig. stocked with soda and water. We brought on board some wine and a case of water.

Even in full suites, we have never received a bottle of champagne, only the glass per person. But we have also been offered refills occasionally.

Complimentary use of the thermal suite in the Lotus Spa (Emerald Princess, Caribbean Princess, Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess, Star Princess, Coral Princess and Island Princess).

Now I'm depressed. I thought the Golden has Thermal Suites and was planning on using them. I guess that is why I don't remember where they were on the Golden. (Unless they put them in during the Drydock. :(

Now the DH is going to drag me all around town on the ports. Bummer.

• 2 weeks later...
We had an aft Vista Suite on our recent CB cruise. Dolphin Deck, St. Thomas Suite #736. It was our first experience with an aft suite and we loved it. There is a beam on one side of the balcony but the balcony is so big it didn't obstruct the views. The furniture is teak with a teak table, 2 cushioned lounge chairs and two cushioned side chairs. The suite has a set of two double sliding glass doors. It is a very quiet area on the ship accept for the sound of the wake as the ship glides through the water. The ride is smooth and we never experienced any unusual rocking or rolling even when the seas were a little rough. Also the balcony has a divider door to the outside balcony cabin next door #D734 where our DS,DIL & GS stayed. We had it opened and had a tremendous amount of balcony space as their balcony was long and narrow and much bigger than the mini suite balconies. We enjoyed a combination of privacy, sun and shade with great views.

Thanks for review of D736 - we have it booked for South America itinerary on 5th Jan. Glad to hear the beam was not a problem. Did you have any problems with the vent? I've read a lot about the dreaded vent on these boards, but am not quite sure which ships/decks it affects.

Archived