Rome Airport Question - FCO

luvtahiti

Two hours pre-flight is the suggested amount of time, particularly since the addition of an extra terminal for security before being bused to the terminal for your flight. The trip from central Rome by taxi takes about 40 minutes.

I assume/hope you are coming from post-cruise time in Rome, rather than planning on leaving your ship in the middle of the night!:)

What's the typical cab fare from Rome (particularly near Vatican City) to FCO?

And vice versa..

Thanks!

There is a set fare of 40 euro from FCO into Rome (and vice versa).

However, be aware that if you will be leaving your hotel/arriving in Rome very early or very late, there is an extra premium that applies to times between 11 pm and 7 am, if I recall correctly.

There is a set fare of 40 euro from FCO into Rome (and vice versa).

However, be aware that if you will be leaving your hotel/arriving in Rome very early or very late, there is an extra premium that applies to times between 11 pm and 7 am, if I recall correctly.

Well we fly out early and would fall in that pre-7am area. Is it still cheaper than a private "scheduled" town car? Also 40 euro is per car, correct?

Thanks!

Thanks for your tips/ suggestions. We are staying over after the cruise near the airport. But their first shuttle doesn't go to the airport until 6:20 AM, airport arrival about 6:30. That seems to make things a bit tight for an international flight I think.

We may have to take a cab to be certain we are at the airport early enough.

Well we fly out early and would fall in that pre-7am area. Is it still cheaper than a private "scheduled" town car? Also 40 euro is per car, correct?

Thanks!

There's not much difference in the rates (although the limo service may also charge more during these "night" hours....)

Yes, it is 40 euro per cab.

IIRC, I paid about 50 euro for my taxi to the airport for an early morning flight last December. Plus a small tip, as the driver really helped with my luggage.

The following link from the City of Rome's official web site gives you information on taxi rates to and from the airport, as well as general taxi rates (scroll down to the bottom of the page for this). Information on night rates and baggage fees is also included: http://www.comune.roma.it/was/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_21L?menuPage=/Area_di_navigazione/Sezioni_del_portale/Dipartimenti_e_altri_uffici/Dipartimento_VII/Trasporto_pubb-9-_non_di_linea/TAXI/Tariffa_fissa_da_e_per_aeroporti/Fixed_rates_from_and_to_the_airports/

The following link from the City of Rome's official web site gives you information on taxi rates to and from the airport, as well as general taxi rates (scroll down to the bottom of the page for this). Information on night rates and baggage fees is also included: http://www.comune.roma.it/was/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_21L?menuPage=/Area_di_navigazione/Sezioni_del_portale/Dipartimenti_e_altri_uffici/Dipartimento_VII/Trasporto_pubb-9-_non_di_linea/TAXI/Tariffa_fissa_da_e_per_aeroporti/Fixed_rates_from_and_to_the_airports/

Thanks, great link. Even explains additional baggage fees and all. Thanks!

Archived