Power Plugs On Insignia

SKIHoliday

Only thing is there weren't enough, between the phone charger, camera battery charger, computer, my little traveling ipod speaker system and the hair dryer. I think there were only 3 outlets in the cabin

Which is why you bring an inexpensive, light, power strip. One of those strips and two of those collapsible wire hampers accompany me on every trip.

AC%20SURGE%20STRIP.JPGhamper.png

The hampers are the perfect dimemsion to fit in the bottom of an R ship closet! ;)

Since both US and European outlets are available in the stateroom , we bring along several US to European adapters so we have enough plugs to recharge everything at the same time. We also have a small power strip that we always bring along too.

The only thing I wish they had was a small outlet in the bathroom so you could plug in a night light. I rather hate leaving the light on and closing the door almost shut so we can see when we get up in the middle of the night.

Karen

I rather hate leaving the light on and closing the door almost shut so we can see when we get up in the middle of the night.

Karen

I hate any light in the cabin when I sleep so DH takes a small flashlight in case nature calls;)

Lyn

... The only thing I wish they had was a small outlet in the bathroom so you could plug in a night light...

In every cabin we have had on Insignia or Regatta there was a single flat blade outlet built into the wall-mounted hairdryer, marked "for razors only" or something similar. The outlets are the older, non-polarized blade types, with both blade slots the same size -- so if the plub you are using has one blade wider than the other, it won't fit. But, most nightlight plugs have equal-sized blades and should work.

In fact, there was one of the "flat panel" nightlights plugged in to the hairdryer on our last cruise on Insignia.yhst-37199597884519_2066_35741150

It was not very bright, so we unplugged it, left the light on and the door cracked. That worked as long as the seas were calm. I might pack a brighter nightlight this time.

Which is why you bring an inexpensive, light, power strip. One of those strips and two of those collapsible wire hampers accompany me on every trip.

The hampers are the perfect dimemsion to fit in the bottom of an R ship closet! ;)

I bring an extension cord. Less bulky./

I use an empty suitcase, stood up on the side somewhere or laid down under the bed.

Great ideas, especially the hampers, but where do you put your shoes? The whole closet floor was filled with my shoes! :)

I just use the laundry bag O provides ...keep it in the cupboard ..when it is full time to hit the laundry room.;)

Never needed to charge all the stuff at one time so I eliminate the need for a power bar.

The camera stays charged for several days same as laptop, no cell to worry about

We put one on charge go to dinner ...it is done when we return

We take 2-3 prs of shoes each (ok I sneak in an extra pr) but i put them in the cupboard under the TV..works fine

I usually have room left in the closets etc... so not a problem

Suitcases also in the hanging closet..under the bed you never know what is hiding there:eek:

Lyn

In your cabin, on the writing desk, there should be one European 220 volts and two American 110 volts sockets. If you wish, instead of bringing a power bar with cord (somewhat large and heavy for your luggage), perhaps one of those small American 110 volts "splitters with three sockets" with no cord should be more than adequate.

Archived