Price line for Ft. Lauderdale Hotel

running girl

I was wondering if anyone has gone on Priceline to get a hotel in Ft.Lauderdale? If so what hotel did you end up with and were you happy.

I am hoping for nothing below a 4 star hotel. If I don't go with pricline I think I will be going with Embassy Suites or Hard Rock . Any input is appreciated.

Most have been getting the Renaissance for mid Oct. for around 60.00. with taxes and fees 76.00 It's a 4 star located in zone 2. You can check their web out. We have several couples staying there b/4 our cruise. All booked seperately and got the Renaisance.

I put a bid in for a 4 star hotel, starting at $75. I kept adding $5 each time and finally got a room for $90 plus the resort fee or whatever they call it. It was the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale for one night, November 30. That's about 1/2 the price you would pay from their website and about $60 less than hotels.com.

just a heads up and it is a minor issue-

Most hotels will not credit you with loyalty program points if you book thru priceline. But they will sometimes credit you with a nite's stay if you are trying to qualify for an award that requires a certain number of nites. Best advice is to ask at the front desk.

That having been said, we use priceline quite a bit when we travel and have never had a bad experience. Just stayed at a Marriott in suburban Detroit last week and paid $62 thru Priceline. The bill from the previous nite's guest somehow got left in the room and they paid $139. At savings like that, I can forego the loyalty points. *L*

I have run into a problem it is Super Bowl weekend! I haven't gone to priceline yet but have called alot of hotels and they are booked. When I go on to priceline would it be the downtown are I want to be by the port or is it the beach area. If I am reading the map correctly Embassy Suite is in the down town area and we would really like to be in that area.

Super Bowl weekend will be a HUGE problem. I'd forget about Priceline for that weekend. A couple yrs a go we had booked a trip to Eleuthera and we had to stay overnite in Ft Lauderdale overnite on the way home due to airline schedules. The return leg was on Super Bowl weekend (the game was in Miami) The only reasonably priced hotel we could find (and we were booking well in advance) was a Hampton Inn about 65 miles north of Lauderdale and it was STILL $250 a nite. Good luck.

Thanks again for all your input. I tried priceline up to $250 and nothing. I just called Tropi Rock and they only have one room and we need 3. Bummer. It looked so cute. If anyone has any other hotels that they normally use in the Ft. Lauderdale area I am open for suggestions.

We finally found a motel. It doesn't have a pool but is across from the ocean and has a hot tub. The name of it is Buena Vista Hotel I hope it works out. If anyone has stayed there and you have input I am open to hear it. We have rented 2 cars instead of a shuttle because of cost. Enterprise has a site by the port that they said is with in walking distance,I hope.

Enterprise advertises "we pick you up". Call the actual office directly and ask them if they will give you a ride to the port after returning your car. If so, you can drop off all of your luggage, return the car, and get a ride to the pier.

Archived