Just got my Rum Runners- not what I expected...

YFancyface

I was expecting the plastic to be thicker and the lining around the cap to be a little more...I don't know... secure looking... They look like they can easily be torn. And I can't see how they aren't seen by xray! The cap has to show up, no? Can anyone please ease my mind? :confused:

relax.

follow the instructions and fill them with hot water now.

follow the instructions when you fill them (DO NOT FILL THEM 100%, make sure you squeeze the air out).

Put them in a ziploc bag to make yourself better.

Kick yourself for worrying when you're making yourself a drink on board.

I hear ya', but rest assured that they work great.

I remember when we got ours last year, I thought "I bet some orderly at a hospital is making a killing with these".

Now we did put ours inside individual zip log bags and none of them leaked.

I think we had six or eight of them...what? Don't look at me like that.

Enjoy bringing your "mixers" worry free and have a great trip.

I was expecting the plastic to be thicker and the lining around the cap to be a little more...I don't know... secure looking... They look like they can easily be torn. And I can't see how they aren't seen by xray! The cap has to show up, no? Can anyone please ease my mind? :confused:

.....you've obviously read the reviews because you bought them. Did you see any negative reviews? I haven't. I use them all the time without incident. Fill them up, pack them, then enjoy them on the ship!

:D

wasiii

relax.

follow the instructions and fill them with hot water now.

follow the instructions when you fill them (DO NOT FILL THEM 100%, make sure you squeeze the air out).

Put them in a ziploc bag to make yourself better.

Kick yourself for worrying when you're making yourself a drink on board.

Thanks for mentioning the hot water! I didn't even read the directions b/c I saw the video on the website. Fill up and tightly seal. Got them in the mail today and threw them in the suitcase. I would have been pissed if I was in the hotel room the night before and couldn't use them! :eek:

I love my Rum Runners. :o:D:p I haven't used them yet for a cruise, but I have gone to pools and parties with them and they haven't leaked or given me any problems. We let them air dry after use. I can't wait to use them in Oct. for our Splendor Cruise! ENJOY!

Ditto! We liked ours so much on the cruise we ordered a couple more recently and just used them for our Vegas trip. Made it there and back without incident...I will tell you that I do pack them in Ziploc bags as well.

.....you've obviously read the reviews because you bought them. Did you see any negative reviews? I haven't. I use them all the time without incident. Fill them up, pack them, then enjoy them on the ship!

:D

wasiii

I've used mine multiple times and have had no problems....I've seen one post where someone had one leak around the cap and they replaced it with a new one...enjoy....:)...Dennis

I posted I had a leak at the seam near the cap.I did put them in a zip lock baggie.The leak only happened when under pressure or you squeezed it hard.The leakage was very minimal and when I got home,I emailed rum runner and they had me mail it to them,they sent me a new one and even reimbursed my postage.

Great product!

The xray people are looking for the outline of a bottle.Always place them in the bottom of the suitcase near the wheels and they won't show up at all.

Steve

Hi all, got my RumRunners in the mail recently and filled them up with hot water and then emptied them. How do you all let them dry out? Just let them stand nozzle up with their caps off?

After I've emptied them, I stand them upside down in the dish drainer...there's some condensation usually left after a day or so (living in the ever-humid S. Texas is bad that way), but not enough to compromise the integrity of the planned beverages! cheers2.gif

Any bartender on the ship will make you a nice tasty Rum Runner. The only plastic in it will be the little sword holding the fru-fru fruit. They NEVER leak in your luggage.

Archived