Cabin Robes

RN1986

I have heard recently that they have removed the robes from the cabins. Can any recent cruisers comment please.

We still had them in the Island. But I was having room steward issues and after two days finally tracked him down to request them and even then they were size small.

Robes are an Elite benefit, but I have had them even before becoming Elite, and have friends who got them as Platinum members. I doubt that Princess is eliminating them as the Elite members would scream. I usually ask for and get the terrycloth robes (except on a tropical cruise where the waffle weave is better for sitting on the balcony). Sometimes they are not available until late in the embarcation day because they have to be laundered. Ask and you will probably receive.

Robes are an Elite benefit, but I have had them even before becoming Elite, and have friends who got them as Platinum members. .

With all due respect, Robes are not a benefit of any status on Princess. Everyone can request a bathrobe in their stateroom, you don't have to be Elite or Platinum to receive them for your use onboard. It doesn't matter which category you book either. Insides, outsides, obstructed, balcony and mini suites receive the waffle type robes (one size fits most is all that is available though). Full suites receive a thicker terry cloth robe. ;)

Don't rely on the cruise personalizer. Request the robe from your cabin steward when you first see him / her. You may not get it till the second day because they are all in the washer / dryer. Remind the steward the second morning as well.

At one time you found robes in your cabin when you boarded. No longer. We just ask our steward for the waffle robes (others are too thick) at the same time we ask him for wire hangers and to make the bedspread permanently disappear.

We recently got off Crown Princess and we had robes hanging in the closet upon arrival in the cabin. As has been stated..ask for them once on board. But I would not be seen up on deck wearing them, like some do, not a good fashion.

Robes used to be considered suite amenities as stated for Elite level

"Upgraded Bathroom Amenities

Your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities reserved for Suite guests."

I am glad they are extending robes to all levels.

Your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities reserved for Suite guests."

Are you sure you aren't confusing Princess with RCI? Robes have been available to all on Princess for many many years now. :confused: The upgraded bathroom amenities are in the form of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. That amenity has nothing at all to do with robes provided.

Toto

I'm sure, I always got the terry robes (a suite amenity) since becoming elite, and I have 27 completed cruises with Princess so I have been elite for a while. Do you have a citation to the Princess website which would state that I am wrong or that you are right? If so, I will concede to your version of the policy and your apparent encyclopedic knowledge of the practice on every Princess ship. Also I do not confuse RCI with Princess which is why I keep coming back to Princess.

The "regular" robes have been provided for all pax in any cabin type including first time cruisers in an Inside Cabin since at least 2002. Those thick heavy ones have been an elite / suite perk. Princess website is down for me right now so I cannot get that from the Princess website.

Toto

I'm sure, I always got the terry robes (a suite amenity) since becoming elite, and I have 27 completed cruises with Princess so I have been elite for a while. Do you have a citation to the Princess website which would state that I am wrong or that you are right? If so, I will concede to your version of the policy and your apparent encyclopedic knowledge of the practice on every Princess ship. Also I do not confuse RCI with Princess which is why I keep coming back to Princess.

Just asking a question, no need to get huffy. ;):D;)

I don't think there has ever been a notice or press release on Princess about who gets, or doesn't get robes, so that would be pretty difficult to prove in writing I am afraid. But I can tell you that for over 10 years we have gotten robes no matter which category we have booked on Princess, or what status we were. And that was long before Elite status even came into play.

We have also been Elite with Princess for many years (just under you at 23 Princess cruises), and have never received the terry full suite robes unless we booked a full suite to date. But our last few cruises have actually been in full suites, so it might have taken effect since we stopped booking minis. Anything under that, including mini suites, we have always received the waffle type robes. Maybe they gave you the terry robes in non-suite accomodations because you are special. (joking) Or as said, the new policy has taken effect since we began booking full suites.

But I thought we were disagreeing on this previous statement you made: "Robes are an Elite benefit, but I have had them even before becoming Elite, and have friends who got them as Platinum members." Which I still say is not correct, anyone who wishes a robe on Princess, no matter what category stateroom they book, will be given one for their use onboard. The use of robes is not just for Elite or full suite guests. ;)

I have been elite since before 2002, hence my lack of experience with everyone getting the waffle weave robes. Whether I have been in a suite is not germane as I have gotten the terry robes every time regardless.

Toto, If you were just asking a question, I am sorry that I interpreted your tone as snarky, as it seemed a bit of overreaction to our different interpretations of the practices and policies on Princess. I don't claim to be the ultimate interpreter of anything, I am only looking at the description of the elite amenities and basing my opinion on that, what I have been told onboard and my experiences.

Don't you just love the typed word though? It can come across totally different then what was intended. ;) Yes, it was an honest question, and I didn't mean for it to sound snarky, my apology. We have had a lot of posters come over from RCI recently, and the confusion goes on from there. ;)

Like Toto we have always received a robe, even our first cruise. However, since becoming elite we have never had the fluffy terry robes unless we have booked a full suite. Even then I prefer the lighter waffle robes.

Well, at least I know I haven't totally lost my mind. Neither have we. :o

But now I am wondering if it has changed recently, and I missed it?

I was on the Island last month, cruising with my mom (who is elite) in a minisuite and we had the waffle weave robes. In the back of my mind I may remember getting the heavy terry ones in the past as an elite perk, but I may also be thinking of the three cruises I have done in full suites, two of which were with my mom, hence the confusion!

Well, at least I know I haven't totally lost my mind. Neither have we. :o

But now I am wondering if it has changed recently, and I missed it?

I haven't seen this change mentioned under the captains circle amenities for elite and I just checked them about a month ago while looking for some information on the bar set ups. I guess I need to check again when the Princess site is back up.;)

I haven't seen this change mentioned under the captains circle amenities for elite and I just checked them about a month ago while looking for some information on the bar set ups. I guess I need to check again when the Princess site is back up.;)

I actually was going through my emails from the Captain's Circle. I don't empty my trash bin on Yahoo very often and I probably have several years worth of Captain's Circle updates there. :o All I found was the new info on the mini bar announced (maybe what you were looking for last month)? If you didn't find what you were looking for, here is the link to that update ;) http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJkWPejbYRWORNaN9sYUtMT5g25mIANj

If in fact that was a policy in had to be pre 2002. I have cruised Princess 11 times since '02 and have had robes on every cruise. The elite robe perk was that they get fluffy robes rather than the waffle ones.

Archived