Deposit Question

jt58203

I very much want to go on the Mercury's 9-night Bahamas cruise on January 2. I found a cabin I liked and placed a 48 hour hold on it. Final payment is October 24. Ok, so if I place a deposit ($900 :eek:) on it, and later change my mind (by October 24) is the process to get my $900 a quick & easy one? Traveling on January 1st may be a problem for me as it will be a late night on the 31st. I'm looking into options and considering spending New Years Eve in Baltimore. There are other arrangements I have to check on and the timing may not be right. I'm definately going to cruise in 2010 but may change to a Panama Canal one if the price is right.

I very much want to go on the Mercury's 9-night Bahamas cruise on January 2. I found a cabin I liked and placed a 48 hour hold on it. Final payment is October 24. Ok, so if I place a deposit ($900 :eek:) on it, and later change my mind (by October 24) is the process to get my $900 a quick & easy one?

We have never had a problem with cancelling a cruise before final payment date. The deposit is normally back on my credit card in two to three days. I would not wait until the last day however.

I would strongly advise arriving at your departure city the day BEFORE the ship leaves.

Dec. and Jan. weather is very unpredicable in the Northeast and, personally, I would never risk missing my cruise for the sake of a hotel bill.

We live in Western New York (Buffalo) and cruise in January --- have always left at least

the day before the ship sails.

If you decide to change your cruise to sometime other than Jan 2 (as long as you keep it a Celebrity Cruise), you don't have to worry about your deposit - just switch it over.

As for "Canceling" your cruise before final payment, you will have no problem. Assuming you put the deposit on a credit card, you will see the credit within 1 or 2 business days.

Just a note:

If you are planning to wait until final payment is due (Oct. 24) to make your decision, I would set your deadline for a week earlier (say Oct. 17th or so) just to play it safe. ;)

Hope This Helps.

I very much want to go on the Mercury's 9-night Bahamas cruise on January 2. I found a cabin I liked and placed a 48 hour hold on it. Final payment is October 24. Ok, so if I place a deposit ($900 :eek:) on it, and later change my mind (by October 24) is the process to get my $900 a quick & easy one? Traveling on January 1st may be a problem for me as it will be a late night on the 31st. I'm looking into options and considering spending New Years Eve in Baltimore. There are other arrangements I have to check on and the timing may not be right. I'm definately going to cruise in 2010 but may change to a Panama Canal one if the price is right.

Hi, I can't help with the deposit question. But I agree with the PP - go ahead and spend New Year's Eve in Baltimore, so that you are sure to make it onto the ship. "Charm City" has a lot to offer! Plenty of nice hotels, great food and entertainment and lots of history and sites to see.

BTW, I just booked on this cruise, too, today! :) There is a roll call for it with a bunch of lovely folks that are going to be on the cruise. Come on over!

Last Sunday I booked the Jan 2 cruise. It was an outside cabin, #8004 which many many people say is an awesome room. Well, a couple of days later my DH did some planning and figured that he had to be someplace on Jan 11 (we wouldn't make it home on time). I ended up cancelling and got my deposit back in about 3 days...painless. I would have switched to another celebrity cruise but couldn't make up my mind. Would have switched to the Jan 23 sailing, but the price was a little high (for the same money I could do a 10/11 night RCL one). I'll have to do some more research/planning & hope to reserve something soon.

Last Sunday I booked the Jan 2 cruise. It was an outside cabin, #8004 which many many people say is an awesome room. Well, a couple of days later my DH did some planning and figured that he had to be someplace on Jan 11 (we wouldn't make it home on time). I ended up cancelling and got my deposit back in about 3 days...painless. I would have switched to another celebrity cruise but couldn't make up my mind. Would have switched to the Jan 23 sailing, but the price was a little high (for the same money I could do a 10/11 night RCL one). I'll have to do some more research/planning & hope to reserve something soon.

OMG! :eek: I just booked #8004 today! I got your cabin after you cancelled. :rolleyes: Sorry you won't be joining us, but your loss is my gain, Thanks! ;)

OMG! :eek: I just booked #8004 today! I got your cabin after you cancelled. :rolleyes: Sorry you won't be joining us, but your loss is my gain, Thanks! ;)

I knew I let go of a good thing! Please write a review in 5 months. You're so lucky to be close to the port. Enjoy!

I knew I let go of a good thing! Please write a review in 5 months. You're so lucky to be close to the port. Enjoy!

Thanks! I'll be sure to write a review. I'll be interested to hear about whatever cruise you decide to go on, too. :)

I really am so happy to have gotten this cabin. This cruise wil be a surprise birthday gift (Jan 8) for my husband. Having the better-than-average cabin will just make the whole cruise that much better. Thanks again! :)

I have 8004 next month too:D:):D

It sure is a popular cabin, isn't it? :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

I have seen it:) but this will be my first time actually

staying in it:D.

You will LOVE this cabin. It's very big with a large picture window facing front. Wonderful view. I will be there in October for her repo. to Baltimore. Very much looking forward to it.

Hi Lois :D Have fun in Sept.

Anne

Oh, I so want to do a nice, long repo cruise! And one ending up in Baltimore would be great. Where is she being repo'd from? How long is the repo cruise? Is it the same every October? I'd love to catch that one next year. How early did you need to book to score 8004 for the repo cruise?

You will LOVE this cabin. It's very big with a large picture window facing front. Wonderful view. I will be there in October for her repo. to Baltimore. Very much looking forward to it.

Hi Lois :D Have fun in Sept.

Anne

Hi Anne:D...I am very much looking forward to it:)

Oh, I so want to do a nice, long repo cruise! And one ending up in Baltimore would be great. Where is she being repo'd from? How long is the repo cruise? Is it the same every October? I'd love to catch that one next year. How early did you need to book to score 8004 for the repo cruise?

Hi :)

This repo is a one time thing since Mercury is going to be sailing from Baltimore and Charleston for the next few months. Do not know where she goes from here, but there may well be another repo. next year. I just have not checked her schedule for after she departs the east coast.

She departs from San Diego on 23 Oct for 17 nights :D and there are still plenty of cabins avail. Can I tempt you? I have never done a Panama Canal cruise, so this is something I am really looking forward to. And I booked this the week the itin. came out hoping for price drops. And they happened :) Very lucky for me since they were really priced above what I was comfortable spending. :o

Anne

Hi :)

This repo is a one time thing since Mercury is going to be sailing from Baltimore and Charleston for the next few months. Do not know where she goes from here, but there may well be another repo. next year. I just have not checked her schedule for after she departs the east coast.

She departs from San Diego on 23 Oct for 17 nights :D and there are still plenty of cabins avail. Can I tempt you? I have never done a Panama Canal cruise, so this is something I am really looking forward to. And I booked this the week the itin. came out hoping for price drops. And they happened :) Very lucky for me since they were really priced above what I was comfortable spending. :o

Anne

Oh, I'm tempted, alright! But no way can I do it this year. Already have Carnival Pride booked for Nov, and Mercury for Jan. Oct just aint gonna happen. :( I'll just have to keep dreaming of a nice, long cruise for late 2010 or sometime in 2011. 17 days! Wow! I am so jealous. I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time! :)

Archived