Upsell? when do the calls/emails come??

ronkay

I am booked OV on a cruise leaving septmeber 7, 28 days out. I am ready to upgrade to a suite but hoping for a better deal throught the upsell process. Those of you that have recieved the call/email how far out from your cruise date did it come?

I am keeping an eye on the prices and the availability of the cat 12 and cat 11 suites and there is still at least 10 of each left on different web sites, I think that is all they show you at a time. I will go ahead and pull the trigger if I see the $$ go up or the availability go down, but was wondering if anyone has an idea of when cruises go into the upsell department to try and fill the higher catagories?

any advice is appreciated. we have usually booked a balcony but none on this cruise (imagination) except cat 11 and 12. we are taking my mom with us for her 70th b-day and booked 2 OV rooms, I want to surprise my wife with the suite because it is also our 6th anniversary while we are on the cruise.

I don't think I would pay for an up sale. ;) as a platinum cruiser its an insult.

Just book what you want with ES ,seems that the only deal in town now days.

Of course if you can wait a while before you cruise :rolleyes:.

Any help would be appreciated??

I just got off the sister ship of Imagination, The Carnival Sensation yesterday. I got an upsell call 6 days before the sailing and asked if I wanted One of the TWO Hidden Owner Suites that are located forward on Deck 12 directly above the Camp Carnival. I had a All New Balcony cabin and did decline the rather pricey offer that was set in stone. I have had two Cat 12 Suites on Fantasy Class ships though in the Past 18 months (The last, Just this past June ON IMAGINATION:)) And I can tell you that I have been in both the Cat 11 (A friend had V-15) and my Cat 12 (U-74-Awesome Cabin and Location;)) And for whatever the little difference is in price THE CAT 12 IS THE WAY TO GO!!!! Take my word on this.. Their is NO COMPARISON between them.. Enjoy and don't wait to long as they will sell..:)

Oh I agree the Cat 12 on the fantasy class ships is the way to go, we have had them before and I am definitely upgrading this cruise to a cat12, just wondering how long I should wait to do it to see if I will get an upsell offer for a suite before I just pay the going rate.nd save a couple of bucks for the wife to spend somewhere else.

oh and I checked and U74 is still available? what made you like that location? we had U-98 in the middle last time?

Oh I agree the Cat 12 on the fantasy class ships is the way to go, we have had them before and I am definitely upgrading this cruise to a cat12, just wondering how long I should wait to do it to see if I will get an upsell offer for a suite before I just pay the going rate.nd save a couple of bucks for the wife to spend somewhere else.

oh and I checked and U74 is still available? what made you like that location? we had U-98 in the middle last time?

U-74 is the second Cabin to the front and just around the corner from the Forward Elevators. Noise or motion were never an issue there either. I'm sure U-98 is also nice. I was just really happy with U-74 the first time and didn't think twice about grabbing it the second time.. Enjoy your cruise :)..I know have 227 days till my Dream cruise (I think ?:rolleyes:) That's a LOOOOOONG time for me to consider an upgrade from my Cove Balcony to another Suite. I did miss the size of the Suite and of course V.I.P Boarding and Embarkation this past weekend on Sensation in that regular Balcony cabin.. HUMM.. We'll have to see..:D

My friend got an offer to upgrade to the owner's suite on the Inspiration. No price was listed. She wrote back asking 'how much' and the response was 'already sold'. Why keep the price a secret? How much more do they want for the owner's suite?

It's the 1st rule about OS Club.... ;):D

We are leaving on Sept 12, and we got an email last week so like over 5 weeks out, however they wanted to upsell us for a very expensive amount, I turned them down he said if cabins are still available they might give us a call again 8 days prior. We'll see.

Hey Mr. Jailerman, did you ever cruise on the Imagation before the upgrades, the last time we were on the ship in a cat 12 was prior to the dry dock upgrades, just wondering if there were any changes to these rooms? Have any pictures to share?

Melismass How much do they offer these upsales for?

No one ever says how much they pay for the up sales. Whether you accept or decline what kind of "offer" are we talking about? Today 02:10 PM

I have herd prices from $280-600. So I guess it depends on a lot of things. I put in a request this time for an upsell call. My cruise is Sept. 6th. no call yet, but hubby and I are only willing to pay around $200-300 for an upsell to a suite, we already have a balcony. So we are completely happy with what we have.. But would be nice if you could get a GOOD upsell offer...

I have herd prices from $280-600. So I guess it depends on a lot of things. I put in a request this time for an upsell call. My cruise is Sept. 6th. no call yet, but hubby and I are only willing to pay around $200-300 for an upsell to a suite, we already have a balcony. So we are completely happy with what we have.. But would be nice if you could get a GOOD upsell offer...

We received our call last week....upsell cost $120.00 pp to upgrade from Cat #11 To Cat#12.

Booking cost up front would have been $600.00 pp.

Good Luck! and hope it comes for you.

How do you request an upsell call? This is a new one on me! I love these boards:D. Learn something new everyday! Im hoping for a call. Would love to upgrade our 2 balconies to 2 Cat 11 and surprise my parents for their anniversary, of course it wouldn't hurt me either since were in the other cabin. How do they choose who they call? Hey, Carnival, pick me!

Do upsells only happen if you used a PVP? Would they make the offer to my TA?

I followed a CCer's recommendation and sent my PVP an e-mail to request that if an "Upsell becomes available" we would be interested in a phone call.

BTW...Your PVP sends this information to a different department...they do not call you.

I followed a CCer's recommendation and sent my PVP an e-mail to request that if an "Upsell becomes available" we would be interested in a phone call.

BTW...Your PVP sends this information to a different department...they do not call you.

Followed your advice and sent my PVP an email this evening to forward my booking number to the upsell dept. if possible and to please keep an eye on the cat 12's for me if they start disappearing.

• 2 weeks later...

My Sensation Upsell call came at 6pm Florida time on Friday night and my cruise departed on Sunday at 4 pm. That is why I had only listed my cell phone on my Carnival information because I figured that was where they would get my number from.

Less than 48 from departure!

I am booked OV on a cruise leaving septmeber 7, 28 days out. I am ready to upgrade to a suite but hoping for a better deal throught the upsell process. Those of you that have recieved the call/email how far out from your cruise date did it come?

I am keeping an eye on the prices and the availability of the cat 12 and cat 11 suites and there is still at least 10 of each left on different web sites, I think that is all they show you at a time. I will go ahead and pull the trigger if I see the $$ go up or the availability go down, but was wondering if anyone has an idea of when cruises go into the upsell department to try and fill the higher catagories?

any advice is appreciated. we have usually booked a balcony but none on this cruise (imagination) except cat 11 and 12. we are taking my mom with us for her 70th b-day and booked 2 OV rooms, I want to surprise my wife with the suite because it is also our 6th anniversary while we are on the cruise.

We had the exact same situation on our last cruise (Triumph). The lower categories all selling well but almost all the Category 11 and 12 suites still available. The upsell calls went out exactly a week before our sail date. Lots of people on our Roll Call got them on the same day. I did have to settle for a connecting cabin. I was a bit leary about that having heard that you loose most of the soundproofing between cabins on those. However, either that rumour was false or my neighbors were very quiet. No problems at all.

We sail on Labor day also. I received the upsell call this week. I originally had a 4a. The upsell was for a cat 11 at 600pp. Told them no. What we ended up getting was an OV (6B) for 150 pp. Good deal in my book.

Now the only type of room I have not had would be a cat 12!!. Maybe after winning the lottery!

Andy

My Sensation Upsell call came at 6pm Florida time on Friday night and my cruise departed on Sunday at 4 pm. That is why I had only listed my cell phone on my Carnival information because I figured that was where they would get my number from.

Less than 48 from departure!

They called my home number first, got the machine, and then immediately called my cell (which I didn't even realize I'd given them) so they do try to get ahold of you apparently. I had never gotten THE CALL before (probably because we usually have multiple cabins booked) and was driving. Of course I had no way to look at the deck plans and I didn't want to loose the upgrade but they do give you time to consider it and discuss what's available. I called them back as soon as I had the computer in front of me and was still able to pick between several choices later that day. Just so everyone knows that you probably don't have to take it or leave it on the spot.

Archived