San Diego port shopping

azcaptainbob

You can purchase a very limited selection of wine at the Rite Aid drug store on the corner of Ash and Kettner (about 4 blocks from the port). For a better selection, take the San Diego Trolley to the 2nd Convention Center stop and walk over to Cost Plus World Market, or take a cab or pedicab to either the Ralph's supermarket on Market and 2nd, or cab over to the Liberty Station complex and check out Trader Joe's.

You can purchase a very limited selection of wine at the Rite Aid drug store on the corner of Ash and Kettner (about 4 blocks from the port). For a better selection, take the San Diego Trolley to the 2nd Convention Center stop and walk over to Cost Plus World Market, or take a cab or pedicab to either the Ralph's supermarket on Market and 2nd, or cab over to the Liberty Station complex and check out Trader Joe's.

The Wine Bank on 5th Ave. in the Gaslamp Quarter..you could get there on the trolley as well or take a cab...not too far at all. They have a huge selection. LuAnn

It looks like a question mark to me...perhaps it could serve as a ? when you wish to know something and a thumbs down when you are unhappy???

Sorry for any confusion...right now I am functioning with only one arm perhaps the left side of my brain is out of commission as well!!??

There are some places that sell wine in Little Italy as I recall. THis is a few blocks to your left and ahead when standing at the dock facing the Holiday Inn. I found a convenience store that had a decent selection and reasonable prices.

DaveOKC

We sailed from SAN in April and stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Bay which is literally right across from the port. In fact we walked over to the port with our luggage. Any way, there is a gift shop in the hotel which sells wine. Not a bad selection either. Prices might be a tad higher than a beverage store but the convenience is worth it.

Happy cruising!

Archived