Help! Need Internet: St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola

spaghetti

Hi,

The college just notified us that our daughter's online registration time-window will be during our cruise. (They haven't given us the exact time-frame yet.) It looks like we will be in St. Thomas, Antigua or Tortola on the day(s) she needs to register. Does anyone have recommendations of good internet cafe locations in these ports?

Alternatively, has the service (either internet cafe or Wi-Fi) on board ships improved any? We'll be on the Carnival Freedom.

I've heard that the internet speed is painfully slow on the ships but keep hoping that technological advances will catch up.

Don't want to sacrifice the college registration or the port visits, any ideas will be appreciated!

I would suggest that you ask the crew where they "connect". when you get onboard.

They always know the cheapest and most reliable port services.

You always have the ship's internet as a back up....but it will be expensive and slow (from what I have heard).

On the ship it is quite expensive and a tad slow. If you don't plan to use it except for this reason, I wouldn't purchase any packages but it may be cheaper to do so....or see if they have listed in the capers Buy 10 minutes get 10 free for the internet. They ran those specials on our cruise when we went in February on Victory.

In St Thomas there is an internet cafe right across the street from where the ship docks, don't remember the name, just know I used it to pay some bills while on our 14 day cruise a few years ago.

Is it Shipwreck Tavern????

I know there is one right across the street as you leave the port area....now that you mention it.

I saw lots of crew sitting on a porch in May when we were there just interneting away!!! Not sure it is Shipwreck...but I know the OP can't miss it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their ideas and information about internet cafe locations in Antigua. As it turned out, our cruise (Aug 15-23) had to change itinerary in order to get out from in front of hurricane Bill. We did not get to go to Antigua at all. The good news is that we did get the college registration done and were able to enjoy all of our other ports. Thanks!

Archived