IPhone on Med/Holy Land

spatsmcd

Does anyone know if you get get text messages out when you are on the ship or in port during the Holy Land cruise? I can add Intl service for the month, i want to make sure that it will work. I will be on the Royal. Thank you.

Oops I see you said Royal now, Sorry. Check out this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1014558&highlight=phone+000

According to the website, the Royal is supposed to have its own tower. So yes, but do be careful to distinguish on how your iphone is set and be aware of accessing email or other web-based services.

Grand Princess Mediterranean - Rome, Sorrento, Athens, Egypt, Turkey in October 2008 and again Southern Carribean May 2009.

I have a Verizon BB8830 global phone and used it without any trouble in these countries. I could send/receive email and text messages and got Internet access as soon as we docked at the port. I did not get signals while the ship was at sea. I charged my phone without any problem.

I turned on the service prior to leaving the country and turned off the service as soon as I land in the US. The charge was $39.00 and it is prorated that is why it is important to call as soon as you are in the US. Then you will go back to your regular service.

The Customer Service number to call is (800) 922-0204 or 611 from your Verizon Wireless Phone. They will put you in contact with a Global Support Team Representative who can assist you with getting your Global Phone properly set up prior to your trip abroad. If you do not have a global phone you can rent one from Verizon.

Good luck. :)

• 2 months later...

Archived