What is the Earliest Return Flight to Book

Mrdell

Hello All,

My wife and I are sailing on the Equonox leaving from Civ. Italy on a Mediteranian cruise. We are thinking of booking our own air if a good deal comes along and purchase just the transfers from Celebrity. It seems that all of the arrivalsto Rome from the US are in the AM which works well, but return flights are from 10 am to 3pm depending on the airline. Does anyone know about what time the return trip from the dock to the airport arrives? We don't want to book a flight too early for fear of missing it.

Thanks for your Help

We booked our own air and looked into the Celebrity transfer, just one way from the Port to the Airport (FCO). We were told that the Celebrity transfer (one way) would cost us $100pp. We ended up booking our own transportation and got 3 other couples from our Roll Call to share in the transfer with us. Costs us 160 Euro for the van -- 20pp plus tip.

Even if it were just the two of you, it would probably be less expensive to take a private taxi to/from the Port than to take the Celebrity transfer.

On your return flight, Solstice docked at 4am, so I'm sure that Equinox will probably be similar. People were getting off as early as 6:30am to catch their limo to the Airport. We disembarked at 7am. We had an 11:45am flight and had more than ample time.

Celebrity told us that we could book a flight after 10:00 am. We have booked a 10:30 am flight and from what I have read on cc, we will have plenty of time to get to the airport. Celebrity transfers are $91 per person. We chose to use their transport versus hiring a limo so they will be responsible for getting us off the ship early. I found out just yesterday that you should book your Celebrity transfers before the cruise to ensure that you have a spot on one of their buses. So, we did that today through our travel agent.

Celebrity told us that we could book a flight after 10:00 am. We have booked a 10:30 am flight and from what I have read on cc, we will have plenty of time to get to the airport. Celebrity transfers are $91 per person. We chose to use their transport versus hiring a limo so they will be responsible for getting us off the ship early. I found out just yesterday that you should book your Celebrity transfers before the cruise to ensure that you have a spot on one of their buses. So, we did that today through our travel agent.

I was reading on a couple of other threads that mentioned they won't let you bring your carry on onto the bus and had to check it underneath with the rest of the luggage. People mentioned missing items such as laptops, etc.

We had a similar dilemma when we took our 12 night Mediterranean Cruise to/from Barcelona last year because it was hard to predict when the ship would be cleared for disembarkation and how long it would take to go through the long process at the airport for an international flight. So, we decided to get off the ship in Barcelona, take a taxi to a nice hotel, enjoy another day in Europe, and fly home the following morning. There is so much to see and do in Rome (I spent a week there a few years back) that I would recommend that you do the same thing in Rome that we did in Barcelona.

Archived