E docs or funpass??

RetiredRich

We have done 6 cruises with Norwegian and a few weeks before sailing you had to get your E DOCS to board ship. With Carnival is this the same as the Funpass? We are booked on the Miracle for Nov 4th from Port Everglades. I have already pre registered and have the Funpass. So am I all set?

We don't like assigned seating and plan to just eat in the buffet or other places. Hope we don't go hungry !! I understand there will be lots of other places to eat.

If you have complete the Funpass you are all set. The Funpass is your boarding pass. You will need it and your required identification when you check-in.

The Miracle offers "your time dining" as well as traditional dining so you can eat in the main dining room when you like. For more info on "your time dining" click here:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/obx/dining/formal.aspx

We have done 6 cruises with Norwegian and a few weeks before sailing you had to get your E DOCS to board ship. With Carnival is this the same as the Funpass? We are booked on the Miracle for Nov 4th from Port Everglades. I have already pre registered and have the Funpass. So am I all set?

We don't like assigned seating and plan to just eat in the buffet or other places. Hope we don't go hungry !! I understand there will be lots of other places to eat.

a lot of people will tell you to print everything including the fun pass. that is a waste of time and paper. all you need is the funpass, your ppts, and your credit card and photo id.

You will not go hungry. I love the dining room as long as I am not with a bunch of strangers. We have been lucky on all but 1 of our cruises to get a table just for our family of 3. There is the buffett, deli, pizza, asian food, fish, and of course room service which has an awesome blt.

Change your dining to anytime dining, you will not have the same table twice if you don't want it. I prefer knowing who my waiter and bar waiter are nightly though. I like the personafication of the assigned seating.

I printed off all Edocs and the fun pass which I made two copies of. Last year when we boarded the Splendor the first guy we came to took our funpass and then sent us on, when we got to the counter the lady checking in wanted our funpass too. She got a bit upset that we didn't have it, tried explaining to her the gentleman took it when we came through the door. Figured this time I will be safe and have two copies just in case.

I like taking the EDocs just in case there is any confusion about prepaid tips, it shows what shore excursions I have booked, as well as any OBC I might have.

I only print my funpass and the page showing OBC (if I have any).

Ditto. And when I get to the check-in counter I hand over the funpass, a credit card and my passport immediately. Last week that got a "wow, you are really prepared--thank you!" from the check-in agent. I figured why wait for her to ask for those things--let's get things moving so I can board! :D

ENJOY!! Love the Miracle!! It is different than Norwegian in that there aren't a bunch of different restaurants in different places. I like both styles of cruising though. Hope you have a great cruise.

Hey...we're on the same Cruise on Nov 4th. Cool! If you have your FunPass, you're all set. I usually print out my EDocs just because I like to have them with me but they are not needed to check in.

We're not doing assigned seating either. Miracle has anytime dining now so you can still eat in the main dining room but you can go when you want, no set time. We're never tried it before but we're going to give it a try this time. Can't wait to get there!!!

Archived