No Sailaway Seafood Buffet on the CB 8/13

Sandytoes

It was on the Ruby in the beginning but no longer there either.

It was on the Ruby/Emerald/Crown/CB only, but looks to be fading away. :mad:

Well, if they permanently did away the the seafood buffet, I think we should all start using our comment cards....."bring back the seafood buffet":D

Frankly I am not surprised that they eliminated the seafood buffet as most of the Princess ships do not have that. I have yet to eat at one of the seafood buffet so I guess I will be missing nothing. Oh well.

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...
Oh dear, lots of disappointed cruisers I am sure....Sandytoes, maybe instead, the lobster tails will be larger on formal night!:) Have a fun cruise!

Linda

The Seafood Extravaganza is one thing I truly look forward to on sailaway.

Thinking they might have changed it to another night :rolleyes: we asked the chef up in the Horizon Court, each night, if they were serving crab, lobster claws, shrimp.

To our disappointment. They didn't!!! :(

Now for the lobster tails in the dining room.:D

As some of you are aware I was extremely disappointed

in the tail size that was served plus the presentation on our last year's cruise.

This year, the tail was about between 4-5 ounces, nicely presented.

(Had two portions :o...:p)

Linda

Thinking they might have changed it to another night :rolleyes: we asked the chef up in the Horizon Court, each night, if they were serving crab, lobster claws, shrimp.

in the tail size that was served plus the presentation on our last year's cruise.

The seafood buffet was something I was looking forward to in Oct. I guess when they serve small lobster it's the time to order 2!! Any mention on the cruise to Canada/NE? (if any changes will be made) Thanks and glad you are home safe!!

CB stopped serving the Seafood buffet!!!!!!:eek:

What a disappointment :(

Main dining serving -

Barramundi

Crawfish

Pork

Prime Ribs

My fiance is going to have a fit. One of the main things that he was excited about our 3/21/10 sailing on the CB was the seafood buffet. :( He loves seafood. Do they offer a small seafood variety in the regular buffet?

Linda

Welcome home Kiddo, you were missed!

Since this upcoming cruise will be our first on the CB (in only one more week!!!) we have not experienced the seafood buffet before so we are okay with that. I am happy to hear the lobster tails are a better presentation!

I know you posted this on another thread, what dining room would you suggest. We are Anytime dining this cruise, I do not remember were you Traditional?

Again welcome home!!

Linda

Wow, that would stink if they eliminate it for good. Perhaps they did it cause it is the last Caribbean itinerary from NY.:confused: We can only hope.
That's exactly what I thought too.

Welcome home Kiddo, you were missed!

Since this upcoming cruise will be our first on the CB (in only one more week!!!) we have not experienced the seafood buffet before so we are okay with that. I am happy to hear the lobster tails are a better presentation!

I know you posted this on another thread, what dining room would you suggest. We are Anytime dining this cruise, I do not remember were you Traditional?

Again welcome home!!

Linda

My TA had us down as TA for this cruise.

We always picked AD.

I had her change it at the last minute.

Being the CB doesn't allow reserving for Table of 2s anymore.

we were skeptical how it was going to work out for us.

It worked out fine.

I would suggest the Island on Plaza Deck 5.

Between 5:30-6:30.

Never a wait.

We dined in the Coral on one evening and found only a handful of table of 2's. After that we used the Island.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

You are going to have a fabulous cruise.

It sounds like the seafood buffet is hit or miss. I did not expect it on the Crown this past April because of what I heard here but....there was actually 2 seafood buffet nights. Love my lobster claws and crab legs! I hope our upcoming Emerald cruise will have it since we plan on bringing nutcrackers with us this time. I better get the opportunity to use them....:eek:

Archived