Paris "On Your Own"

We stop at Le Havre on Nov 24th. Would like to hear from anyone that has taken this tour and then managed to do the Hop On Hop Off bus in Paris. Did it give you enough time to do the full tour and then have some time at the Eiffel Tower? Where did the RCCL tour bus drop you off?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Did this last year. They parked the buses at the back of the Eiffel tower. We did not do the hop on hop off. We walked across the lawn in front of the tower and caught the subway to the near Notre Dame, we then went to Saint Chapel which is on the same island as Notre Dame, we then came across the bridge and went to the Louvre and saw the outside pyramids since it was closed (Tuesdays) and then walked through the gardens and came back up to Hotel D'Invelides which is Napoleon's tomb and then kept walking stumbled on a great little street with a ton of little cafes and such and then back to the tower. Do NOT be late as we left two people there as they missed the bus.

We went on the hoho in Paris on the same tour. It was wonderful!! Buses are behind the Eiffel Tower as Sue said above, and the hoho picks up in front. Easy, easy. We did the whole tour, went around and got off a few places the second time. It was April and the MOST memorable day: perfect weather, and Paris is amazing!!

We did pretty much what Sue L did, when we took the "Paris on Your Own Tour" from LeHavre a few years ago. We had more than sufficient time to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, to go to and visit Notre Dame, have lunch in a sidewalk cafe, and see some of the other sights in Paris before we had to return to the bus which was parked close by the Eiffel Tower. On a previous trip we had taken a bus tour of Paris and spent several hours in the Louvre so the second time, we were able to concentrate on just seeing specific sights and we had ample time to do so. Two years ago we went to the Beaches of Normandy on a private tour and this year I believe we will go to Honfleur with a few others in our group.:)

forgot to mention while walking through the gardens we got hungry, yea their outside truck carts???, apple turnovers, croissant sandwiches, baguette with smoked ham and brie, so MUCH better then anything around here.

Yeah, I got the apple turnover.....YUMMY!!!!

If you want to go to a museum, I would suggest something like the Musee D'Orsay over the Louvre. You get more bang for your buck there, and you'll have more time to see other parts of the city. You can also get a great view from the top of the Arc de Triomphe. Paris is my favorite city in the world--have a great time!

If you want to go to a museum, I would suggest something like the Musee D'Orsay over the Louvre. You get more bang for your buck there, and you'll have more time to see other parts of the city. You can also get a great view from the top of the Arc de Triomphe. Paris is my favorite city in the world--have a great time!

I love the Musee D'Orsay, but if I only had one day in Paris, I would spend it outdoors.

I love the Musee D'Orsay, but if I only had one day in Paris, I would spend it outdoors.

I absolutely agree! I was just throwing it out as an option because so many people think that the Louvre is the one "must see" and I think there are so many better museums in Paris if museums are your thing. Walking the city is definitely the way to go!

I absolutely agree! I was just throwing it out as an option because so many people think that the Louvre is the one "must see" and I think there are so many better museums in Paris if museums are your thing. Walking the city is definitely the way to go!

When stopping at Le Harve I would go to Normandy instead. You will waste alot of time on the road between the port and Paris. If you go to Normandy you can see most of the landing beaches and towns in a day.

Thanks to all for the great information. It has really helped. Sorry but I have just one more question! Does the bus taking you into Paris travel the same route as the other two tours or does it take an "express" route to get you straight to the Eiffel Tower quicker?:)

Those apple turnovers sound wonderful!!:D

Archived