Veendam Upgrade???

galipemi

Hi everyone,

I feel like I should know the answer myself, but I've always been one to ask for a second (and possibly third, or fourth) opinion:rolleyes:

I've been offered an upgrade from my HH cabin on the Veendam sailing this Sunday. Upgrade to A - BA category. Here's the catch, since I'm sailing solo, the lovely price of $249 is doubled. So at over $500 (I'm Canadian, gotta think of the exchange rate) is it still a great deal???

It wouldn't be worth it to me. Since I'm normally a cave dweller, having the window in an HH would be an improvement! I would think that an extra $500 would be better spent on spectacular shore excursions. Take a flightseeing excursion with it!

And spend your shipboard time on public decks---the ones with the more expansive views. ;)

I think $500+ is way too much for that upsell. If indeed you might like to move up to a verandah, why not make a counter-offer in an amount you consider fair (like $200 total or so?) and see if HAL will accept. Depends how badly they need HH's.

Thanks! I thought that would be the consensus, but I was half hoping someone would talk me into it really convincingly :p

I'm at the airport now and will be in Anchorage by night, I didn't respond to the offer. Maybe if they really need my HH, they'll just upgrade me somewhere anyways:cool:

Archived