Hotels near Port Canaveral...

geoff99

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale a few months ago. Free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the ship. My only complaint was that there wasn't much to do within walking distance of the hotel. Some have recommended the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South with free shuttle services as well.

We stayed at the Raddison.

Free shuttle to the port.

This free shuttle took us to mass, and back.

Also took us down to the canal for dinner, and drove us back.

The pool is awesome.

Although it is an older resort, the rooms are typical hotel rooms with those "Number" beds.

The restuarant service for lunch was slow. But, our friends did the breakfast buffet and it moved fast.

For 99 dollars, free parking for the week if needed, we were pleased.

Safe travels.

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale a few months ago. Free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the ship. My only complaint was that there wasn't much to do within walking distance of the hotel. Some have recommended the Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South with free shuttle services as well.

OP is sailing from Port Canaveral, not Port Everglades.:)

We have stayed at the Residence Inn twice. It is a newer hotel with excellent staff.

I've stayed several times at the Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites at Cocoa Beach (and will stau there again this Sunday night). I use the Cocoa Beach Shuttle to go to/from the airport to the hotel and again to get to the ship (hotel-to-ship transport is approx. $4 pp).

The staff is very friendly, the pool is heated and the beach is fantastic. Just a short walk down the beach is the Cocoa Beach Pier, a fun place to eat and hear live music. There is also places nearby to shop for last-minute items and to eat.

A vote for the Radisson! Beautiful pool area, free parking while you are on the cruise, and free shuttle. The rooms are adequate (the whirlpool suites are excellent and it's nice to have two rooms, two tvs and a little kitchen area). The beds are very comfortable (sleep number). The food at the restaurant is great. You can also walk to a little park by the Banana River and everytime we go, we see manatees. Very peaceful. Would definitely recommend.

We have stayed at the Residence Inn and the Radisson. Both times we enjoyed our stay. Radisson has a great pool bar so if you are there when it's a beautiful day, it's fun to sit outside and have a drink or two.

I am posting a site that has tons of info about Pt Canaveral. If you read post 5511, it will give you info about hotels and other things for the area. Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=276

I'm sitting in a room at the Country Inn and Suites right now. The hotel is on the smaller side, but nice. Close to the port, a free shuttle to local restaurants and stores, and the staff is very nice. Free breakfast in the morning.

For those unfamiliar with the area, the Country In, Residence Inn, and Radisson are all next to each other.

editing to add that I'm using their free wireless right now as well.

We got a really good military rate at the Residence Inn by Marriott. And, we were impressed! We loved the room, having the kitchenette and thought the free breakfast was really good. You can check reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com and see the location in relation to the cruise terminal by going to http://www.hotelsbythepier.com "Fish Lips" is a great restaurant on the water with very reasonable rates.

Archived