Grandeur/Baltimore 5 day Bermuda-just back!

We just got back yesterday from an absoutely fabulous cruise to beautiful Bermuda! The trip was unbelieveably smooth in all ways from getting on the ship to the water! Food was excellent. The shows were fun. Traveling around Bermuda was a "breeze" on the ferries. Don't miss the Dockyard party on Monday night. We went to St George, St. Catherines Beach & Fort and Tobacco Bay for snorkeling on Monday and just walked over to the Snorkel Park for a lovely, but short, beach day on Tuesday--we had to be back on board by 2:30pm. It was very hot and sunny both days--almost too hot for sightseeing. My one complaint would be that the cruise was too short!

I am happy to answer any questions!

Glad to see that more and more people are getting to see the Grandeur I have always sailed. Beautiful, clean, well maintained, great crew. My next cruise is on Enchantment, her stretched sister, and then 14 nights on Grandeur for the repo. We'll be stopping overnight in Bermuda, and then going as far South as Aruba before we turn around and start back to Tampa. Glad you enjoyed the cruise and thanks for the review.

We are sailing the 7 night in October to Bermuda from Baltimore. We are really looking forward to it and have a group of 14. Your post not only caught my eye because we are leaving and sailing to/from the same ports, but my name is Gina too and this will be our first cruise with our two year old, so I guess I can be Mama Gina too!

Bermuda is a piece of heaven on earth! DH and I will be on the Grandeur Oct. 3 for another visit.

For those of you who have been on the Grandeur before, where can one find a good martini on board? :)

The Crown Viking lounge has always been a good spot for me;)

We were also at St Catherine's on Monday afternoon and absolutely loved it. Our two sons in their twenties, were with us and did a lot of snorkeling around the fort which they said was awesome. My husband and I just layed on the beach under a shady palm tree and relaxed. We don't like crowds so we avoid Elbow and Horseshoe. St. Catherine's is beautiful and empty. I'm with you. The time in Bermuda was too short.

Glad to see that more and more people are getting to see the Grandeur I have always sailed. Beautiful, clean, well maintained, great crew. My next cruise is on Enchantment, her stretched sister, and then 14 nights on Grandeur for the repo. We'll be stopping overnight in Bermuda, and then going as far South as Aruba before we turn around and start back to Tampa. Glad you enjoyed the cruise and thanks for the review.

Really loved the ship. Just the perfect size and you are right, very well maintained. I was particularly impressed with the dining room, all the common areas and the public bathrooms! They were all in really good condition. I may be wrong but I also thought our standard inside cabin on deck 3 was bigger than most. Great crew and you didn't feel crowded on the pool decks or in the public areas at all. The one thing that was a little crowded was departing the ship on the first day in Bermuda. Otherwise smooth as silk all the way.

Is formal night the second night (Sunday)? Also, did you notice if they were still doing karoke on the ship and if so, where?;)

Formal night was Sunday and lots of Karoke. We never got to it but people we ate lunch with said that they were really enjoying it and couldn't believe how talented the other passengers were.

We are sailing the 7 night in October to Bermuda from Baltimore. We are really looking forward to it and have a group of 14. Your post not only caught my eye because we are leaving and sailing to/from the same ports, but my name is Gina too and this will be our first cruise with our two year old, so I guess I can be Mama Gina too!

From one Gina to another--I hope you have as good a time as we did. We took our daughter on her first cruise when she was 4--also to Bermuda on the Celebrity Meridian from Philidelphia in 1994. It was wonderful and we have been cruising as a family ever since. We love it.

We were also at St Catherine's on Monday afternoon and absolutely loved it. Our two sons in their twenties, were with us and did a lot of snorkeling around the fort which they said was awesome. My husband and I just layed on the beach under a shady palm tree and relaxed. We don't like crowds so we avoid Elbow and Horseshoe. St. Catherine's is beautiful and empty. I'm with you. The time in Bermuda was too short.

You probably noticed us because we brought our own beach umbrellas from home and used them at St. Catherine's. Many on the beach came over to us and asked us where we got them--Jealous!!! Like you we wanted to stay away from the crowds and I knew from last year that we would be almost alone there. Just beautiful. I was snorkeling also but along the shore picking up sea glass. We walked over to Tobacco Bay towards the end of the day and snorkeled there and saw a zillion beautiful fish. It was better than any snorkeling excursion we have ever been on. Just perfect. I WANT TO GO BACK!!!

We're leaving in less than 3 weeks and wondered how long it takes for the ship to get to the Atlantic. When we sailed out of Philly it took forever to get to open water and it seems it might be a similar situation out of Baltimore, but never sailed from there, so not exactly sure.

Thanks in advance for the info :)

Bermuda is a piece of heaven on earth! DH and I will be on the Grandeur Oct. 3 for another visit.

For those of you who have been on the Grandeur before, where can one find a good martini on board? :)

Schooner Bar ... and they have music, usally the piano player.

From one Gina to another--I hope you have as good a time as we did. We took our daughter on her first cruise when she was 4--also to Bermuda on the Celebrity Meridian from Philidelphia in 1994. It was wonderful and we have been cruising as a family ever since. We love it.

So great to hear! I hope he catches the "cruise bug" just like mommy and daddy!!!

mamagina - We're on the 7-night Bermuda sailing leaving Oct 3 and have discussed going to Ft Catherine and the beach there. We will be docked at King's Wharf and plan on taking the ferry over to St. George. How far is it to Ft Catherine from there? Within walking distance?

Ahh, another cruiser with impeccable taste in beverages. :D:p

Dry Bombay Sapphire Martini, up, with olives. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Eric

Thank you, I resemble that remark. I'll have mine up, one drop of vermouth, and a twist, if you please:D

A martini bar...music to my ears!

kenevenpar, I'll call ahead and make sure they re-stock the Bombay Sapphire before we get there!

That is so thoughtful, and greatly appreciated.

Archived