Need help!! What is a cabin guarantee?

IRISH LADY

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GOING ON THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS ON OCTOBER 19, 2009. WE ARE IN CATEGORY BD BALCONY CABIN. WE WERE TOLD WE WOULD PROBABLY GET A GOOD CABIN BUT WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS EVER DONE THIS.??:confused: WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP .:)

WILL BE WAITING FOR AN REPLY. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE IRISH LADY:)

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GOING ON THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS ON OCTOBER 19, 2009. WE ARE IN CATEGORY BD BALCONY CABIN. WE WERE TOLD WE WOULD PROBABLY GET A GOOD CABIN BUT WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS EVER DONE THIS.??:confused: WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP .:)

WILL BE WAITING FOR AN REPLY. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE IRISH LADY:)

The ONLY "guarantee" is that you'll get the cabin category you've booked, or better. It could be anywhere on the ship as long as it's in the category you booked so it could be good, or not. As long as you've booked a category where you know you'd like any of the cabins in that category, then you'll be happy with what you booked. A "guarantee" does NOT mean a guaranteed upgrade or any other category other than the one you booked.

Keep an eye on your Cruise Personalizer area. When they make an assignment it should show up there. Or your travel agent may let you know.

You can check the Princess web site deck plans to see where BD cabins are. For example, there are a large number of these on Aloha forward and aft (pink) and many more on Baja in the middle. As the other posters have said, this is the worst you can possibly get. Covered balcony, small but fine for sitting on. Huge closet. Phone-booth size shower. We generally book these.

We booked a guarantee inside cat J on the Emerald for October. About a month ago our cabin was assigned. We received a category I mid ship. It is a great cabin. Normally we book a specific cabin, especially on our longer cruises. This time we decided to again take a chance since it is a 7 day cruise and it was so cheap that we really didn't care where we were, we just wanted to be on the ship. We have done this 3 or 4 times and always gotten a better category than what we booked. We have been lucky though.

Keep checking your cruise personalizer to see if you get your cabin assigned. If you don't like where it is, you can always request a change if it is available to a different cabin in the same category or even go to a lower category for a better location.

Cheryl

Archived