(Ladies) Do you take a jacket in the summer?

marneq

I have only cruised the Caribbean, but I ALWAYS take a lightweight jacket or cardigan. Evenings can get cool at sea, and air conditioning is sometimes ridiculously could. Also, having been to the West Coast (land based trip in Southern California), I can tell you that the Pacific coast tends to be a lot cooler at night than the East Coast/Caribbean.

Hi, Marilyn --

On behalf of my wife, BE SURE you pack a jacket/shawl/sweater -- nights at sea can be VERY breezy and cool and the interior of the ship is often a giant refrigerator -- I'm saying COLD!!

Early on, my wife found herself wearing my jacket on many an evening.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I agree with all above -

I had a couple little light weight open weave sweater thngs .. (how's that for a description?) ...

I wore them every evening to dinner ... that's where I seemed the most chilled ... (and I'm not one to get REAL chilly). I had read here on the boards that the dining rooms could be quite cold ...

Elegant night I ended up buying a 10.00 wrap .. because I didn't have anything that looked suitable w/my dress (besides I can always use another black wrap!! :p )

I always take a cardigan that matches most of my evening outfits. I also take a fleece jacket and a long-sleeved crewneck for chillier than expected weather and for the unlikely event that we may have to abandon the ship. I try not to think about these things, but if I had to board a lifeboat, I'd want to be warm and comfortable.

Just wondering if I would need a jacket or wrap on a Mexican cruise in early September? I'm trying not to over pack:).

Thanks!

Marilyn

Hi, I would suggest a wrap or a cardigan sweater. In my opinion, It can get windy and chilly out on deck in the morning and at night.

Have a great cruise.

I always take a lightweight jacket. I've even brought a shawl to wear in the theater. It can get very cold during the shows. The dining room is comfortable.

In the theater, I've seen people go back to their cabins and remove the blankets off their beds to wrap themselves in.

Enjoy your cruise.

PJ

I thought the lower level of the theater was always very chilly. We found it to be much warmer in the balcony. I always take a light fleece jacket to wear inside. One formal night dress had its own jacket & the other dress I wore a wrap. The dining room was a bit cool some nights as well. Sometimes it is cool on deck at night as well.

I'd say no you do not need one, but DW would disagree with me. Go with the vote above, take a light jacket/sweater for the dining room & show lounge. We have had to purchase a wrap/sweater/sweatshirt almost every cruise because one of us was cold.

ALWAYS take a light jacket or Pashmina or shawl .Some ships are cooler then others with AC a little strong .Remember sitting in the sun all day will make you cold at night

I bring Jackets to go with most outfits and shawls

Michele

Thanks for all the great responses. I have always cruised in the fall and definitely needed a jacket. One year I even needed a coat!:eek:

I will take my sweater!

Only 13 days!!

Marilyn

No, and I've never needed one.

I have an old sweatshirt that stays in my suitcase and goes with me. Thin enough not to take up much space, well-worn and comfortable...Never need that either on a cruise to warm waters.

Archived