If someone booked guarantee and are not happy with the assignment

clerky96

can they ask for a different cabin in the same category?

Before you start in on the "when you booked guarantee you agreed to accept any cabin in the category you booked", please hear me out. I got my cabin assignment and am not unhappy with it, I am just curious if people try to get these changed, and do they succeed.

The agreement is, for a slight discount you let the cruise line pick the cabin. If there are cabins you do not want, then don't purchase a guarantee. That said, some cruise lines do allow passengers to go back into the pool in the hope that they will get a more desirable cabin.

I booked a guarantee balcony and ended up under the buffet, I was not happy about it, but I sucked it up and enjoyed my trip

. I booked guarantee, meaning I agreed to take any cabin assigned.

You already know this considering your comments, so what IS the point of this post?

I had a great time in my less than desirable location, got up really early because of thumps and scraps from above, learned not to book guarantee anymore. The End!!!

Carole

I have booked tons of GTY's[only BL's now] never had a bad cabin. If its ON the ship, its a good cabin. If you have a different attitude from that, pay the money and pick your cabin.

Can somebody get a GTY cabin changed? Almost certainly if they whine and tantrum enough. Just more of the "Entitlement" attitude.

You already know this considering your comments, so what IS the point of this post?

Didn't I just say that I am not unhappy with my assignment. I got a great upgrade. The point of the post is that this is an information board. I had just never really thought about this and wondered if people tried to do it. I just asked a simple question. GEESH!

Didn't I just say that I am not unhappy with my assignment. The point of the post is that this is an information board. I had just never really thought about this and wondered if people tried to do it. I just asked a simple question. GEESH!

Isn't it amazing how many people on this board can't read:confused: It is SUPPOSED to be an information board, but, has really turned into a "criticize everyone" board:(

I suppose you could contact Carnival and ask if you can change your GTY cabin booking to a specific cabin number which is still available. You would have to pay the going rate for the cabin at that time. Rates advertised as "new bookings only" are not valid. It could be more than what you paid for the GTY, and if you agree to pay the higher fare, they just may elect to take your money.

But if you want a new assignment for free, I would think the answer would be no.

We have a wedding group of 9 cabins for our up and coming cruise. Our group was booked with guarantee rates. We received our assignments this week, and the bride was put in the cabin right next door to her mother. Maybe Carnival thought they were being nice putting 2 people with the same last name next to each other? The bride called and was able to get a different cabin that is not next to any of us. At no extra charge, or hassle.

I suppose you could contact Carnival and ask if you can change your GTY cabin booking to a specific cabin number which is still available. You would have to pay the going rate for the cabin at that time. Rates advertised as "new bookings only" are not valid. It could be more than what you paid for the GTY, and if you agree to pay the higher fare, they just may elect to take your money.

But if you want a new assignment for free, I would think the answer would be no.

The usual answer is no, but I know some whose TAs managed to get their assignment changed. Like everything else with Carnival, some get, others dont. The rules are bent for a few. No rule seems hard and fast with Carnival, which is sometimes a good thing overall.

Isn't it amazing how many people on this board can't read:confused: It is SUPPOSED to be an information board, but, has really turned into a "criticize everyone" board:(

Well I'm certainly glad you are not criticizing anyone with your comment,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

I am usually a "non-controversial" type of gal, whether in person or on this board. When I read the upsetting post, I tried to figure out how to just delete my thread, but the option is not available. I would have done it. I absolutely HATE arguing. Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.

I am usually a "non-controversial" type of gal, whether in person or on this board. When I read the upsetting post, I tried to figure out how to just delete my thread, but the option is not available. I would have done it. I absolutely HATE arguing. Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.

Not to worry. Very few [and certainly not me] have the ability to write as mildly as they talk. Harsh seeming words can be SAID with a smile. They cannot be typed with a smile,. [and smilies are inadequate]

We booked a group of 4 cabins a few years back. 3 OV and one IS. We all got 3 category upgrade and were on the same deck, but the couple in the IS was at the very front of the boat, and the rest of us at the way back. We called to see if we could move the IS and even offered to take a lower category to try and be closer to each other. We were told no, we booked GTY and we had to take what we got. After all, we got a 3 category upgrade...what more did we want. :(

It all worked out though. The couple in the foreward cabin had been married less than a year, and I think our "newlyweds" enjoyed the privacy. ;)

can they ask for a different cabin in the same category?

Before you start in on the "when you booked guarantee you agreed to accept any cabin in the category you booked", please hear me out. I got my cabin assignment and am not unhappy with it, I am just curious if people try to get these changed, and do they succeed.

Carnival's "Guarantee" Booking Policy is that cruisers booking Guarantee's are to be warned that they are "stuck" with their cabin Assignment; PVP's and TA's are instructed that they are not to try to switch cabin assignments and that cruisers are not to be returned to the TBA pool for re-assignment. That being said, there are always a few TA's and PVP's who have reportedly circumvented this.

Princess allows you to move to any available cabin in the assigned Guarantee Category.

ken

Archived