Fall Purchases

Iluvmypuggle

Ladies.. I purchased my first Fall item.. I'm not ready to let summer go just yet, but when I saw these cute sweater material flats at Daffys, I had to have them for a measly $24. I pictured them with Jeans, a long sleeve Black tee, scarf & some chunky jewelry. :)

?ui=2&ik=8864a55f2e&view=att&th=1232af2bbb6dcd61&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

So now I'm ready for more fall shopping. Is anyone else shopping for the fall? If so, what have you purchased?

Boy, I remember the days of when I lived in NYC, and yes, by late Aug., I was thinking of fall and winter clothes. But living here in SoFlo, not something I really thing about until Oct-Nov, or when fall clothes go on sale. Although, I did buy a turquoise button-down knit top with ruffle down the front to wear to work in the cooler weather, but only because I found it at TJ Maxx for $13. We have a very short-lived fall/winter season down here!

In NC, I won't wear a heavy sweater or coat until December - if then, considering the mild winters we've had the past couple years. So fall shopping doesn't quite hold the allure it did when I was growing up in New England:rolleyes: I switch to sleeveless shirts in darker colors and swap out floral cotton cardigans for, maybe, a cabled cotton cardigan in, again, a darker or jewel tone that might be seen as more autumnal....But hey, at least we do get changing leaf color here, so that's a plus:D

I only wish I could wear sweaters, some of them are so pretty!

Our weather never gets cold enough to wear a sweater (at least not for me). It has to be down to the low 50's for me to even be chilled enough for anything other than a 3/4 length shirt.

Fall colors are always so gorgeous!

I envy you ladies in warm climates. Must be nice to buy your fall clothes on sale at the end of the season in warmer climates!

I wear sweaters year round. Even though its 90 degrees in NJ now, my office is SOOOO cold. So I have to pack a sweater daily to stay warm at work.

I miss sweaters too. I have a box packed in my closet that I have not worn in more than 15 years. I keep hoping we will move somewhere with seasons again!

I have a cedar closet in the basement to keep my favorites - but I've been pretty good about cleaning out over the past few years too. I can occasionally wear some lighter weight cashmere or merino wool....Also- we do occasionally vacation in the winter months - last December we went to NYC for a long weekend - during a snowstorm - it was delightful! And a wonderful chance to wear boots and wool:D And a couple years ago - my sister graduated from college in IL in December - again during a snowstorm. These trips help me get my "snow fix" in:p

Looking at all the beautiful blazers for fall - I'm drooling (Talbots catalog came last night;))

I miss sweaters too. I have a box packed in my closet that I have not worn in more than 15 years. I keep hoping we will move somewhere with seasons again!

I gave mine to Goodwill a few years ago. A light jacket is all that is ever needed here, sometimes a rain jacket. I'd sweat all day if I wore a sweater, even on our coldest winter days.

I do have a couple twin sets, do those count ? ;)

I wear sweaters year round. Even though its 90 degrees in NJ now, my office is SOOOO cold. So I have to pack a sweater daily to stay warm at work.

In my office, we all have hooded-sweat jackets (light weight ones w/our company logo on them - and no, they weren't provided) hanging either on our chairs or in our offices because it does get cold in the office.

With the economy the way it is, a child headed off to college next year, and a major trip planned in June, I think we'll be cutting expenses where we can this year.

I love buying clothes (it's not like I don't have plenty....:rolleyes:), so I will really be trying to update only a few pieces this fall.

Anyone got any good ideas for that "must have" piece that will really update a wardrobe? I see that purple is really popular so was thinking maybe of getting a purple suede jacket or something similar....

I already have most of the basics I need: good black trousers, good jeans, good black bag, etc. So what will make my wardrobe pop for fall?

With the economy the way it is, a child headed off to college next year, and a major trip planned in June, I think we'll be cutting expenses where we can this year.

I love buying clothes (it's not like I don't have plenty....:rolleyes:), so I will really be trying to update only a few pieces this fall.

Anyone got any good ideas for that "must have" piece that will really update a wardrobe? I see that purple is really popular so was thinking maybe of getting a purple suede jacket or something similar....

I already have most of the basics I need: good black trousers, good jeans, good black bag, etc. So what will make my wardrobe pop for fall?

My must-haves include & here are the reasons why these are my must-haves:

• A new scarf - something with color so it changes up your jeans & basic long sleeve top.
  • Fitted jacket - I don't have a color/style in mind, but a cute jacket seems to always refine the most simple outfit.
  • Sweater dress- I know these were really popular last year, but it turns out that I love sweater dresses and they can be really versatile when changing accessories and dressing up/down.
  • Chunky Necklace- These are going to be big for fall, but I'm a fan of chunky necklaces all the time so it's a trend I'm happy to purchase while there's a ton of options out there.

Hope that helps with your fall necessities!

Summer started so late here in New England, I am in total denial that it is the end of August! I love sweaters, and everything about fall (Go Pats!), but I am just not ready!

I agree. I'm not quite ready but I'm not going to pass up fall items that are on sale! :D

In my office, we all have hooded-sweat jackets (light weight ones w/our company logo on them - and no, they weren't provided) hanging either on our chairs or in our offices because it does get cold in the office.

Carmen, I know exactly where you're coming from. At my last job, I had a logo'd cardigan and 2 hoodies that I kept at the office because our office was a converted warehouse.. So the heat never seemed to work.

At my new job, Ive heard it's so chilly I'm going to needa blanket. haha.. And if it;s that cold, then I will be bringing a blanket to stay warm. :)

Yes, I always make sure to bring a light sweater or jacket to my office in the summer too!

To make an outfit pop with very little money - update existing wardrobe - I'd go for a scarf. But only if you LIKE them - I adore scarves and wraps and wear them frequently. But for people who don't like scarves, wearing them can be awkward and they don't look comfortable and therefore, don't really look good...(my opinion, that's all!)

Check out wardrobe911.com - one of my new favorite websites - the stylists do lots of style choices on a budget, wardrobe staples, "what to wear if" segments in their blog - great ideas!

I'm looking for a new jersey dress - so versatile for me, I love them for work and travel! A nice plum color would be a bonus - it's one of my favorite colors!

Carmen, I know exactly where you're coming from. At my last job, I had a logo'd cardigan and 2 hoodies that I kept at the office because our office was a converted warehouse.. So the heat never seemed to work.

At my new job, Ive heard it's so chilly I'm going to needa blanket. haha.. And if it;s that cold, then I will be bringing a blanket to stay warm. :)

We actually have blankets that were an employee gift a few years ago. Some took them home, but most are at the office. It also has the company logo..... Funny thing is that if I'm cold, everyone else is absolutely freezing! I'm very hot natured.

I agree that scarves and jewelry are good ways to update! I don't really like the chunky necklaces (too heavy for me) but I do like the new longer necklaces and plan to buy a couple.

Yes, I do like scarves. Shawls are too "fiddly" for me, but a nice scarf can really make an outfit.

I agree that scarves and jewelry are good ways to update! I don't really like the chunky necklaces (too heavy for me) but I do like the new longer necklaces and plan to buy a couple.

Yes, I do like scarves. Shawls are too "fiddly" for me, but a nice scarf can really make an outfit.

Here's a necklace that I just purchased from QVC. $21 total after tax/shipping but looks cute over the most basic white Tshirt, work tops, going out tops, etc. Just thought I'd post it since you said you liked longer necklaces.

EDIT: The picture I pasted didn't work, so here's a link. http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.tpl.csweb.cm_scid.cswb.item.J142318.cc.M86

NY&Company has a bunch of really affordable jewelry, and don't forget, if you have a AAA card, you'll receive 15% off your entire purchase.

Here's a necklace that I just purchased from QVC. $21 total after tax/shipping but looks cute over the most basic white Tshirt, work tops, going out tops, etc. Just thought I'd post it since you said you liked longer necklaces.

EDIT: The picture I pasted didn't work, so here's a link. http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.tpl.csweb.cm_scid.cswb.item.J142318.cc.M86

NY&Company has a bunch of really affordable jewelry, and don't forget, if you have a AAA card, you'll receive 15% off your entire purchase.

that's a really cute necklace and it would go with just about anything! Did you get yours yet, and do you like it?

that's a really cute necklace and it would go with just about anything! Did you get yours yet, and do you like it?

I did get mine.. I really like it a lot. It seems to go with so many diff tops. Quality seems good and not too heavy either which is a plus. Another thing I like about it is that it doesn't tangle easily like other longer necklaces I own. I ordered the pewter.

I can't wait to miss sweaters!!! The area where we live gets what they call "lake effect" snow and a lot of it. For a long time. Like forever. I'm sick of sweaters by March, but we still have a couple of months to go. So I'll be delighted to ditch 'em and head back down South. BTW, we have been in the Plant City area twice scouting out retirement spots. Very nice there.

Susan

Archived