Restaurants Near Athenaeum Intercontinental

ger_77

Just wondering if anyone knows of restaurants within walking distance of the Athenaeum Intercontinental Hotel in Athens? With prices of 50Euro for breakfast, we're going to be paying well more than the price of the room for our dinners and don't want to break the bank on the first day of vacation.

I have heard (but can't find the thread) that there is a little grocery-type store across the street from the hotel, which would be fine for wine purchases for onboard, but it isn't a resturant/pub. Any ideas?

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

In terms of breakfast you may also want to relook at the hotel web site to see how much additonal money it will run to get a room on the club floor. When we last stayed there we found the pricing on the club floor to make sense given the food that was included. That might not be the case today but thought it might be worth the look.

Keith

Thanks Keith, for the reminder about the club rooms - I'd forgotten about those. It wasn't really the breakfast that I was thinking about, though - it was dinner. We arrive at 2:30 in the afternoon and want to spend a little time touring before coming back to the hotel and I was looking for a small place within walking distance that we could get a light evening meal without having to re-mortgage the house! Any ideas? Also, do you recall a little convenience-type store across the street? I think I'd seen a photo of it on TripAdvisor in one of the hotel reviews.

I assume that you know that this lovely hotel is not well located for Athens sightseeing or restaurants.

Yes, I am aware that it isn't in the "heart of things", but for the price we paid on Hotwire, I'm not going to complain. They have a shuttle bus that drops off and picks up in the Syntagma area, and we plan to take advantage of that. I had read of some small restaurants in the area (kind of Mom & Pop type restaurant/bar) just a short walk from the hotel, but I can't remember where I saw the info. That's why I'm posting here, hoping somebody has stayed at the hotel and knows the area and what it has to offer.

Archived