HELP! I have lost my Uncle and Aunt!

foft

Sorry everyone, I don't know what to do now.

My uncle and aunt were supposed to be on the Liberty of the Seas today sailing out of Miami.

They flew into FLL and were supposed to get on a RCCL transfer to the Port of Miami. But I haven't heard from them, and neither has anyone in their travelling party. The ship says they never boarded the ship.

And RCCL customer service is closed, so I can't find out if they got on the transfer. Airline is also not able to tell me if they landed okay (but they left a vm with someone in their travelling party that they arrived in MIA - so I presume they made it there - but maybe broken telephone or something?)

Does anyone have any ideas of who i can call to figure out what happened? Or has anyone heard of anything funny happening to any of the transfers or anyone set to sail on the LIberty?

How old are your Aunt and Uncle? Are they well traveled? Is it possible the flight was delayed? Any medical conditions that could cause a problem? Do they have cell phones?

It's possible it was something as simple as a miscommunication. If they're not impared in any way and are used to traveling, I'd say all you can do is wait. If there is a concern for mental or physical health, try calling the closest hospitals to the airport. Otherwise, with this information, someone at the cruiseline should be able to give you more assistance. Good Luck!

Did they post on the roll call thread? Either way, you might can go over there and post and see if anyone see it. They might can find out for you. You can call RCI back tomorrow and see if they have more information.

This happened to us on our first cruise. We went out on NCL a few hours before Hurricane Andrew hit Homestead. We left out of Miami. My parents were trying hard to see if we made it and no one could tell them. DH's aunt worked at the airline we flew into West Palm, flight was diverted. It took several days for mom to hear from NCL if we made it on the ship.

Keep on trying.

Sorry everyone, I don't know what to do now.

My uncle and aunt were supposed to be on the Liberty of the Seas today sailing out of Miami.

They flew into FLL and were supposed to get on a RCCL transfer to the Port of Miami. But I haven't heard from them, and neither has anyone in their travelling party. The ship says they never boarded the ship.

And RCCL customer service is closed, so I can't find out if they got on the transfer. Airline is also not able to tell me if they landed okay (but they left a vm with someone in their travelling party that they arrived in MIA - so I presume they made it there - but maybe broken telephone or something?)

Does anyone have any ideas of who i can call to figure out what happened? Or has anyone heard of anything funny happening to any of the transfers or anyone set to sail on the LIberty?

who did you talk to that said they never boarded the ship??? Sorry but they don't give out that info to whomever calls.

There is a slight possibility that they missed the ship and had the ship cordinator fly them to the first port of call. Was their flight on time? Did they have transfers? You need the number to the ship, not customer service. Request the ship's phone or fax number.

who did you talk to that said they never boarded the ship??? Sorry but they don't give out that info to whomever calls.

The others in their party said they didn't make it. I am not sure who they spoke to.

Jsme - that is good advice - i am going to try that. Thanks!

Do you know for a fact that they had all the proper documentation with them.......passport, BC, ID, visa, whatever????

Then you could rule out that as a reason for denied boarding?:eek:

Keep us posted!!

The others in their party said they didn't make it. I am not sure who they spoke to.

You are welcome. Seriously they may be in the ship and just not giving out the info right now. My parents were freaking out and doing everything to find out if we made it down. Unfortunately we did not have a way to call because we were some of the last on the ship that day and they held the ship for us. Different situation but still things do happen. Just keep calling. They will give out the information to the right people. I am sure you will find out soon that they are fine and hopefully on the ship enjoying themselves.

Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888)

724-SHIP. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (732) 335-3285. The

cost is $7.95 USD a minute and can be charged to their American

Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover® or Diners Club®.

From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also

apply.

Make sure you leave your family your ship's name and your cabin number

1. Call the local police.

A little premature, perhaps? I absolutely hope this turns out well as much as the next guy, but honestly, what will they do?

2. Call the port of Fort Lauderdale and ask the pier personnel if they showed up there instead. (got on the wrong transfer bus)

I don't think pier personnel keep records on passengers, do they? Just asking.

Do you know what flight they were on? If so, you can contact the Miami-Dade County Fire and Rescue Department at 786-331-5000 and ask if there were any medical emergencies taken off that flight. They may not be able to tell you who or what but can give you a yes or no and tell you what hospital they were transported to.

It's possible that the people in their party just haven't seen them yet. Maybe they were visited by the Upgrade Fairy so they aren't were the party expected them to be.

OP...keep us posted.

it may be worth the expense to call the ship...someone posted the number to call.......

perhaps guest relations will help if you can reach the ship...ask for a supervisor....

Sue or anyone who has called....does whomever answers the phone on the ship know it is a shore-to-ship call??? meaning, they will act more quickly knowing it is from far away???

the airline's customer service people SHOULD be able to tell you if they landed......

OP...keep us posted.

it may be worth the expense to call the ship...someone posted the number to call.......

perhaps guest relations will help if you can reach the ship...ask for a supervisor....

Sue or anyone who has called....does whomever answers the phone on the ship know it is a shore-to-ship call??? meaning, they will act more quickly knowing it is from far away???

the airline's customer service people SHOULD be able to tell you if they landed......

The passengers already confirmed that they arrive in MIA ok.

My guess would be that they are safely on board, if they arrived in Miami...

This whole thing doesn't sound right. Where did you get the information that they were not on board the ship? They (RCCL) do not usually release any information about the passenger manifest to an outside caller...

See Post #8.

There are other members of this faimly on the same cruise!

there was someone a few minutes ago on the roll call that is on the cruise, and their little green ball was lit...(so they're on CC, but not necessarily on the roll call)

There's also someone else on there that is NOT on the ship...;

OP...any news??

The others in their travelling party said that the ship's crew confirmed that they didn't board the ship.

I'm trying to find out if they even got on the transfer to the Port. Unfortunately i don't have the travel docs - does RCCL even offer transfers from FLL to Port of Miami?

The others in their travelling party said that the ship's crew confirmed that they didn't board the ship.

I'm trying to find out if they even got on the transfer to the Port. Unfortunately i don't have the travel docs - does RCCL even offer transfers from FLL to Port of Miami?

AFAIK they do offer them.................

OK...this may sound obvious and i am not trying to be a smart a$$, but has someone else in the group gone to their cabin???? sometimes that security thing flakes out...on one of our cruises it kept making wacky sounds when i got on and off the ship-they had to keep doing something to that kiosk thing that you swipe your seapass in...??

Hi,

I used to work for RCI for five years, part of that time I worked at MIA doing the tranfers. They do offer tranfers from FLL to port of miami. Unfortunately, it would be really hard to know if they got on the transfer, such records are not kept. RCI will not disclose to you if they boarded. However, if they booked through a TA call their TA and ask her to call to see if her clients boarded, they will check for them, I did it many times for TA's.

I appreciate the fact that most people are concerned, but I really wish people would read all the responses, especially when the thread is still so new and there are barely two pages of responses.

People...the aunt and uncle were traveling with other family members. The crew on the ship confirmed to the family members onboard that the aunt and uncle did NOT board the ship...

This is a heck of a mystery...if they missed the ship, you'd think they'd call someone in the family back home. OP keep us posted!!

Archived