HELP! I have lost my Uncle and Aunt!

foft

OK I'm gonna join the other responder in saying I'm probably gonna hear it from others, but...

Now that most suggestions have been given...

Assuming nothing REALLY bad has happened to the aunt and uncle...and of course we all hope and pray nothing did...

But how the heck do you lose two people COMPLETELY in the United States? No one carries a cell phone? The aunt and uncle make no attempt to contact anyone? I can't get my brain wrapped around this.

I work as a 911 Dispatcher and you would not believe how often this happens! I would say we get 3-6 teletypes a day from other agencies looking for people who seem to have just disappeared. Most of the time they're found without incident but it does happen - a lot!

If this is for real, my prayers are with you that you find comfort in finding out what happened. If this is to get attention - this is not the place to do it. Too many people actually are worried to hear what is going on.

I really hope this is a major miscommunication and that your aunt and uncle are relaxing on the ship and wondering what the heck this is all about,

if there is not a miscommunication and they are truly not on the ship then I hope they are foun d safe and sound

For many years, an online group that I belong to came together to provide support to someone we understood was a young girl who claimed to be living a hellish life of abuse.

For many years, we wasted a lot of time worrying and caring about this girl.

In the end, it turned out that she was actually not a young girl but a woman in her late 30's who had been playing us all for fools for many years.

I think it's great to be there to offer support to someone who really needs it, but sometimes, if there are things that don't make sense, trust your feelings. In this time of the internet, it's very easy to be played for a fool.

For many years, an online group that I belong to came together to provide support to someone we understood was a young girl who claimed to be living a hellish life of abuse.

For many years, we wasted a lot of time worrying and caring about this girl.

In the end, it turned out that she was actually not a young girl but a woman in her late 30's who had been playing us all for fools for many years.

I think it's great to be there to offer support to someone who really needs it, but sometimes, if there are things that don't make sense, trust your feelings. In this time of the internet, it's very easy to be played for a fool.

I tend to agree, thanks.

The information she provided was vague,confusing and I think unreliable.

Even if it's not true, no one is a fool for trying to offer suggestions. Doesn't cost me anything to be curious or offer suggestions. And in the long run, it really doesn't affect any of us in any tangible way. How about we just wait and see if the OP posts again because jumping to conclusions because she hasn't doesn't change anything. I'm usually the first one to smell a fish, and this just doesn't seem to be all that fishy. If anything, someone lying tends to give too much information, not too little.

And FYI, everytime I've checked today, the OP hasn't been logged on.

I actually thought that this whole thing was made up practically right from the start. I was afraid to say it however at the cost of being flamed.

I hope if it is true that everything is okay but maybe we should stop responding.

According to his other posts, the OP is a pharmacist from Ontario, married, with enough concern to have asked about car seats for an infant, amongst other things. His other posts seem helpful, not wacky.

Therefore, it seems unlikely to me that his post in this thread is a hoax.

Still, I'd love to hear what happened to his relatives!

Even if it's not true, no one is a fool for trying to offer suggestions. Doesn't cost me anything to be curious or offer suggestions. And in the long run, it really doesn't affect any of us in any tangible way. How about we just wait and see if the OP posts again because jumping to conclusions because she hasn't doesn't change anything. I'm usually the first one to smell a fish, and this just doesn't seem to be all that fishy. If anything, someone lying tends to give too much information, not too little.

And FYI, everytime I've checked today, the OP hasn't been logged on.

No, not suggesting people are foolish - every one of us came to this thread to see what we could offer in the way of help, but the OP provided some confusing information, asked for help and then disappeared........

I'm guessing the OP is on the ship and has (in his/her mind) more important things to do right now than to worry about updating Cruise Critic.

Still, if they post a scream for help, at SOME point one would think they would come back and give an update.

At some point.

One would think.

I'm guessing the OP is on the ship and has (in his/her mind) more important things to do right now than to worry about updating Cruise Critic.

Still, if they post a scream for help, at SOME point one would think they would come back and give an update.

At some point.

One would think.

The OP wasn't sailing, it was their Aunt and Uncle.

I am hoping my instinct is not right but perhaps she / he got word that one of the two missing are in the hospital and gave us no thought as they tried to get to the Aunt and uncle

she could also be on the phone and driving to give help to the aunt and uncle who may have got lost and have reached for help

thjey may be ok otherwise

but she may not have had time to update here yet

lets give her a chance

lets give her a chance

Thank you! Earlier, folks were suggesting that if they were in this situation, they wouldn't be posting to CC - instead, they'd be trying to find/get to the relatives last known location. Now that OP is not posting, folks think that it's wrong s/he isn't posting. Can't win. :rolleyes:

Truly, the best case would be that it is a hoax and nothing ill has befallen the Aunt & Uncle!

I am hoping my instinct is not right but perhaps she / he got word that one of the two missing are in the hospital and gave us no thought as they tried to get to the Aunt and uncle

she could also be on the phone and driving to give help to the aunt and uncle who may have got lost and have reached for help

thjey may be ok otherwise

lets give her a chance

I hate to say this but Miami is not exactly the ideal place to get lost if you know what I mean!!

SilverVal, great post. Everyone should be as kind as you.

I agree. What happened to "benefit of the doubt?" It's highly possible that the OP is busy dealing with the situation and is not even thinking about CC. I've looked back at her prior posts and there's nothing to indicate she would try to pull a hoax. Let's just wait and see.

Archived