Panama and Costa Rica Excursion Questions

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping for some help please.

PANAMA

Has anyone ever done the Embera Indian Culture excursion.

I am curious what you thought and/or if it was just another tourist trap.

How about the Gatun Lake Eco Cruise.

COSTA RICA

I am also wondering if anyone has done the Eco Caribbean Paradise excursion. Did you think it was worth the time.

Thanks as always.....

If your ship goes into Lake Gatun, there's really no need to take an excursion. You'll hear and see everything about the canal that you could possibly want, just staying on the ship. If your ship doesn't go into the locks and lake, then you will probably want to do something in Panama....it's a shame to get there and not really see anything!

As far as those particular ones...if Indian culture interests you, then go for it! Same with the ecology of the lake...

Sorry but I will completely disagree with CB, it was wonderful getting off and seeing the Panama countryside. I have no idea if I will ever get a chance to get back there and would not miss the opportunity to get off.

Going through the locks in wonderful in the morning but I did not need to do it again in the after noon

As for Costa Rica, we did the white water rafting and it was one of the best, more organized, fun tours we have ever done. We had a blast.

Sue - Who did you use for the white water rafting in Costa Rica and would you need to be experienced or is there a lesser level tour?

We did the one through the cruise line, it was Rios tropicals, http://www.riostropicales.com/ and they were excellent. I was 48, with bad knees and hips and they taught us what to do. I LOVED every second of it.

Sorry but I will completely disagree with CB, it was wonderful getting off and seeing the Panama countryside. I have no idea if I will ever get a chance to get back there and would not miss the opportunity to get off.

Going through the locks in wonderful in the morning but I did not need to do it again in the after noon

As for Costa Rica, we did the white water rafting and it was one of the best, more organized, fun tours we have ever done. We had a blast.

Sue - you are 100% correct. We did not get off and do regret it. We enjoyed going through the locks but saw or learned nothing different the way back.

We did the same whitewater in Costa Rica and thought they were GREAT!

M

Hello Everyone,

COSTA RICA

I am also wondering if anyone has done the Eco Caribbean Paradise excursion. Did you think it was worth the time.

Thanks as always.....

Can't answer that but google Charlie Soto or Okey Dokee tours for Costa Rica. He offers some great tours for a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Archived