How much would you be willing to spend...

I would not book a cruise with this option for precisely that reason. While many guests would surely be responsible and considerate, I do not wish to risk spending my vacation with a bunch of drunks.

You might have a point. Look how people are at and "all you can eat" buffet. All you can drink sounds like a challenge. It's not all you should drink.:D

I would pay 250.00 for a week.

For my wife & I

Bucket of beer is 5 beers and roughly 23.00

a bloody mary or two + a foo-foo drink in the moring or evening is about 14.00 or so.

Divide that by two people and thats a good deal of about 35.00 a day I would normally spend.

35 X 7 days would be 245.00.

Works for me!:D

:eek:If Carnival offered all-you-can-drink alcohol during their cruises?

1. How much if they did a daily rate for cruises 5 days or less?

2. How much for a 7 day cruise?

Although I could probably come up with a number, I don't think I'd like to sail with others if this was offered.

I see what some are like when they get the "free food".

I can only imagine what it would be like while they were getting their "free booze".

Although I could probably come up with a number, I don't think I'd like to sail with others if this was offered.

I see what some are like when they get the "free food".

I can only imagine what it would be like while they were getting their "free booze".

I totally agree with this post. And I'm a drinker, so is DS. And we spent $$$$ on our S&S card on booze. But "all you can drink".....nope, wouldn't like that one bit.

We just got back from the Splendor and when we were in PV, we did a Resort Beach excursion that was all inclusive. There was about 40 people on our bus and this younger couple got so drunk they were actually quiet and it was a struggle for them to make it to the bathroom at the back of the bus where myself, DH, DD9 were sitting. When the guy came out of the bathroom he had puke all over his shirt. Then the girl tries to make her way back and almost falls on my daughter. It was a very unpleasant ride back and what a mess they left on thier seats for the driver. It was amazing they even made it backto the ship!

I think most people can drink responsibly but for the few that can't, it can make for a not so fun time. :o

Toni

I was on a cruise where all drinks were included. I got invited on the 2 day TA cruise to nowhere on the Splendor when it moved to LA. Wasn't any problem with drunk people at all. It was an all adult cruise and we all acted like adults.

Food for thought for some of you naysayers.

I was on a cruise where all drinks were included. I got invited on the 2 day TA cruise to nowhere on the Splendor when it moved to LA. Wasn't any problem with drunk people at all. It was an all adult cruise and we all acted like adults.

Food for thought for some of you naysayers.

I've been on a couple of those myself...they are different in that guests are sailing as professionals, generally with associates on the same ship. I just don't think that situation compares with the scenario being considered.

yup. somewhere right around that 40/day...

wish i had that many people comin' on my cruise :(

because i'd love that card! :D

OMG, let's start that group! I'd totally be in for $40 per day. We can call it Croozin and Boozin.

OMG, let's start that group! I'd totally be in for $40 per day. We can call it Croozin and Boozin.

I'm in too :) I honestly don't think I would drink any more than I do on a cruise where I pay by the drink. I don't pig out on the Lido, I have never ordered more that 1 of anything in the main dining room, etc.

I usually hit the gym several times - depending upon the lenghth of the cruise and do active excursions such as snorkeling and kayaking. I would not want to have a hangover and try to do these things - or even sit by the pool.

It would be nice to just pay one lump sum though and not be adding every drink to the S&S in my head :D

I think the responsible drinkers are more the rule than the exception.

I think one of the reasons Carnival has never instituted an all you can drink card is because they know that it would be abused by many who would buy a card and then "treat" all their friends to free drinks. That's also why groups must have 100% participation....to avoid sharing.

I think one of the reasons Carnival has never instituted an all you can drink card is because they know that it would be abused by many who would buy a card and the "treat" all their friends to free drinks. That's also why groups must have 100% participation....to avoid sharing.

Do you think it would work if you had a sticker on your S&S card - like they do with sodas/pop/soft drinks??? The bartenders may be less likely to serve though because of the tip situation. I know my kids had problems with getting served with their soda cards on earlier cruises. Not so much anymore - I think that issue has been addressed.

Archived