Civitavecchia to Rome

doemichael

We are traveling with Royal Caribbean and as we have visited Rome twice before we would like to get he train this time rather than go on an orginised excursion by RC.

Can I ask for some tips,

Is there a shuttle from ship to gates of harbour?

How far is it to walk train station ?

Is train expensive? I have tried looking up trains timetables and prices but not having much luck lol Not to good at this internet thing :rolleyes:

I just cannot justify paying £55.00 sterling ( not sure price on $ for a coach from ship to Rome.

We are traveling with Royal Caribbean and as we have visited Rome twice before we would like to get he train this time rather than go on an orginised excursion by RC.

Can I ask for some tips,

Is there a shuttle from ship to gates of harbour?

How far is it to walk train station ?

Is train expensive? I have tried looking up trains timetables and prices but not having much luck lol Not to good at this internet thing :rolleyes:

I just cannot justify paying £55.00 sterling ( not sure price on $ for a coach from ship to Rome.

Go to my train site at www.ftroute.com/ItalianTrains.htm as all the answers to your questions are there.

I just did this a few weeks ago. The shuttle stop is about a 15 minute walk from the station. Just walk to the right along the shoreline- the station will be across the street. I easily made the 7:59am train, being ready to disembark as soon as the ship cleared. The shuttle bus left before it was full.

Tickets are 9 euro, round trip and includes local Rome transportation. An extreme bargain. :)

I just did this a few weeks ago. The shuttle stop is about a 15 minute walk from the station. Just walk to the right along the shoreline- the station will be across the street. I easily made the 7:59am train, being ready to disembark as soon as the ship cleared. The shuttle bus left before it was full.

Tickets are 9 euro, round trip and includes local Rome transportation. An extreme bargain. :)

thanks a lot, 9 euro ? for train , brilliant.

I am a bit nervous of public transport in europe although have used it many times lol

I am a bit nervous of public transport in europe although have used it many times lol

No need to be nervous. The Italian train system was simple and easy! I just used it for the first time a few weeks ago and didn't have any problems with it whatsoever.

Just remember to consult GSPLover's website. And always remember to validate your ticket!

This website has great info (with pictures) showing step by step directions on how to use the train from Civitavecchia to Rome .... in addition to a lot of other very useful info:

*****/2009/02/28/cruising-come-to-rome-for-the-day-2/

This website has great info (with pictures) showing step by step directions on how to use the train from Civitavecchia to Rome .... in addition to a lot of other very useful info:

*****/2009/02/28/cruising-come-to-rome-for-the-day-2/

Thanks for the link , brilliant site, I am not scared now , I can do it lol

we did this and I was attacked by a tree on the walk to the station...ok it was stationary and I walked into it...mind you I am 6 foot 4 inches....local guys were trimming branches and I guess they did not think leaving one sticking out at 6 foot 3 was a problem

I guess we will have to watch out for the trees then lol

We used public transportation last week from FCO to Rome and then to Civitavecchia and returned the same way.

It was pretty easy as long as you can handle your own luggage. In fact the most difficult part was getting the free shuttle back to the port gate. We were in line at the opening in the barrier, but as each bus arrived, others who came well after those of us in line would go around the barrier and get their luggage into the buses' luggage compartment first, filling the compartment. As a result, it took about 3 buses before we got on and even then we had to be very aggressive.

Archived