Who are you favorite crew mbrs on Quest?

Workin4cruzin

As I get ready to head off on the Quest (Sept 6th), my first Azamara trip, I am excited to read that most folks make mention of the fabulous crew they have experienced on the Quest. Given that, I thought I would pose this question:

Who are some of the memorable crew members you met on board the Quest, and in what capacity did they work? Perhaps if I run into some of them, I can pass along to them that they were highly spoken of on the CC boards. :D

As I get ready to head off on the Quest (Sept 6th), my first Azamara trip, I am excited to read that most folks make mention of the fabulous crew they have experienced on the Quest. Given that, I thought I would pose this question:

Who are some of the memorable crew members you met on board the Quest, and in what capacity did they work? Perhaps if I run into some of them, I can pass along to them that they were highly spoken of on the CC boards. :D

Captain Carl Smith is absolutely fantastic. He has a crew that is unbelievable. All officers and staff are highly visible. As mentioned in other posts, they all deserve recognition. You will see for yourself what a great group of employees they all are.

Enjoy your cruise.

Certainly agree that Captain Carl is the best I've ever encountered. Does he still have the huge hand mounted on a broom stick that he uses to give "high fives" to other cruise ships he encounters?

Don't forget Heicke Cramer who is a great Hotel Director. She's from Germany but lives in Athens. She is extremely accessible and really on top of her game. Her enthusiasm trickles down throughout the crew. Also, Stefania the head sommelier is outstanding. The special wine tastings, such as Opus One were very informative. The special wine pairing dinner she coordinated with the chef was one of the best I've had on land or sea.

Don't forget Heicke Cramer who is a great Hotel Director. She's from Germany but lives in Athens. She is extremely accessible and really on top of her game. Her enthusiasm trickles down throughout the crew. Also, Stefania the head sommelier is outstanding. The special wine tastings, such as Opus One were very informative. The special wine pairing dinner she coordinated with the chef was one of the best I've had on land or sea.

Hi Bill !

I agree with you about Heike Cramer. She is an absolutely wonderful person. We had the pleasure of sailing with Heike on Quest, and on several prior Celebrity sailings. It is very clear she loves her job, and works very hard to see that the Passengers have a great Cruise.

I hope we sail with Heike again in the future.

Hi Bill !

I agree with you about Heike Cramer. She is an absolutely wonderful person. We had the pleasure of sailing with Heike on Quest, and on several prior Celebrity sailings. It is very clear she loves her job, and works very hard to see that the Passengers have a great Cruise.

Without any hesitation I agree that Heike is absolutely wonderful. Right now she is on the Journey until late October or early November.

The reason I stated in an earlier post that ALL the staff from Captain Carl on down are wonderful was to avoid 'missing' any personnel. I felt that if I personally was to start naming the staff members that I would surely forget one or two and I would later regret not having mentioned them. The point I was trying to make earlier was that EVERYONE, from the desk staff at the Guest Relations Desk, the dining room staff, the stateroom butlers and assistants, the excursion desk, Captain's Club Desk, senior officers and staff are all FABULOUS.I can't say enough about each and every staff member on the Quest. They are absolutely wonderful and make you feel like a family member. Believe me, it's hard to leave the Quest when disembarkation day arrives.

And yes Bill, Captain Carl still has the large hand on the broom handle. :-)

and last night as Quest sailed out of Chios he had one of the younger officers who was leaving today wave the high five and he told everyone she was leaving and what a fantastic job she had done - she was the envirnomental officer. Capt Carl certainly knows how to get the best from his team

Thanks for the feedback everyone. To have so many people raving (and hardly anyone complaing - thank goodness), it sounds like there is a fantastic crew on board, all the way from the top to the bottom.

I hope it is the same Captain on board, as he sounds like quite a nice gentleman.

I can't wait to be spoiled. :D

Hi Bill !

Heike is indeed wonderful. But don't look for her on the Quest right now. She is on the Journey.

We thought Captain Carl Smith was wonderful. We loved his 12 noon talks in which he told us much more than we normally hear from a Captain.

He was also excellent in explaining the reasons why our cruise itinerary had been changed around so much just weeks before we embarked the Quest. He is certainly a good P.R. person for Azamara.

Jennie

Could one of you recent Quest sailors confirm (or deny) whether Quest has a Future Saies staff member on board? A friend suggested that she is too small to merit such a staff person.......?

Les

Quest does have a future sales staff member onboard. She is also the Captain's Club hostess.

My favorite on a recent Eastern European trip on the Azamara Quest was Nikolay Georgiev, Sommelier from Bulgaria. He made every wine recommendation special. Once he determined your likes and dislikes, he would create different choice around that theme. He takes a deep interest in his work and the importance of a good wine to the overall meal. Never failed to surprise each evening.

Archived