Getting from piraeus metro to cruise ship

william bennett

Cross the busy street which circles around the waterfront by using the large pedestrian bridge outside the metro station and then catch the #843 bus to the cruise terminal, which is about 1/2 way across the large harbor or maybe an 18-minute very crowded walk south and west.

Bus tickets (one Euro?) can be purchased at the tobacco/newstands, not on the bus; be sure to validate the ticket once on board. The bus runs about every 15 minutes.

Bus tickets (one Euro?) can be purchased at the tobacco/newstands, not on the bus; be sure to validate the ticket once on board. The bus runs about every 15 minutes.

Adding to this... if you just got off the metro directly from Athens to Piraeus, then your 1,00 Euro ticket for the Metro is also good for the bus. As long as you can fit in the bus ride within the 75 minute alotment from when you validated your metro ticket, there's no need to purchase another ticket!

Cross the busy street which circles around the waterfront by using the large pedestrian bridge outside the metro station and then catch the #843 bus to the cruise terminal, which is about 1/2 way across the large harbor or maybe an 18-minute very crowded walk south and west.

One more hint, after you take the steps/elevator down from the pedestrian bridge, the bus stop will be behind you, along the city street adjacent to the port. DON"T take the port bus that you will see signs for ...its a lovely ride and you will see many ferries and other interesting sights - including your cruise ship if you are like me- but you won't be able to get to it....the interport bus runs only to the right as you face the harbor...and for us at least, we needed to go left. Also, when we did this in 2008, the bus route ended a good distance from the cruise ship gate....we were lucky and a greek friend was with us and talked the driver into going down to the gate, we still had probably a 10 minute walk. If I had it to do over, I might try to take a taxi from the metro station....but if I remember what our friend told us, walk a little away from the station, as those there were gouging folks coming off the metro.

Adding to this... if you just got off the metro directly from Athens to Piraeus, then your 1,00 Euro ticket for the Metro is also good for the bus. As long as you can fit in the bus ride within the 75 minute alotment from when you validated your metro ticket, there's no need to purchase another ticket!

I assume that if you take the bus from the cruise terminal gate to the metro stop that your bus ticket is good for the metro ride. Correct?

Archived